CoreELEC 20.0-Nexus Amlogic-ne Discussion

I’m using it tonight to watch some live tv, personal library and netflix addon. No freezes so far,

Okay thanks for keeping me updated.

I really don’t know what to think now. I have the same config and add-ons running fine on my Le Potato and a HK1 S905X4 box.

I even installed Android on my VIM1S and installed Kodi 20 with the same config and add-ons and haven’t encountered a freeze up.

The lockups I get on my VIM1S reminds me of when I first got my Le Potato and installed CoreELEC years ago and it would freeze if I transferred more than a gigabyte of data. That was eventually fixed though.

Like I mentioned before, I have CoreELEC running on a Le Potato, HK1 S905X4 box, Kodi 20 on a FireTV Stick 4K Max and Kodi 20 on an Onn Android TV box. All running fine.

I was thinking of replacing my Le Potato with the VIM1S but I guess that’s not going to happen anytime soon. I’ll keep testing though.

When you don’t start to share logs you will never get a solution:

I understand what you’re saying but the last time I uploaded my logs you said you didn’t see anything wrong in the logs.

When it does freeze, it locks up completely. I can’t ssh into it or use the remote to reboot. Only solution is to unplug the power cord (dirty reboot).

If I perform a dirty reboot, logs aren’t saved for me to upload. If I do upload any logs after a dirty reboot, I get the “I don’t see anything wrong with the logs” answer.

It’s a catch-22… I’ll keep downloading and testing nightlies in hopes, either by chance or fluke, I will come across a solution.

When somebody will read the wiki and know about his hardware he would know he a have a UART port where such logs can be captured… :innocent:

Last statement from my side about logs and this item as there today already 3 persons what are not able to provide info.

No log, no problem!

You’re right, I didn’t read the Wiki about my specific hardware having a UART port. I’ll definitely look into it.

Right off the bat, the wiki doesn’t list the VIM1S as being supported. I’m sure it’s a typo but it says VIM1L.

1 Like

Thanks for noticing that. It’s been corrected.

Hi all. I have vontar x4(s905x4 4/32), and xiaomi Bluetooth gamepad.
I connect it with my vontar, but it not responding for any pushing the bottom. Why?

Go to settings/system/input/driver settings and change it from Linux to udev.

See if that helps.

1 Like

Because Kodi/CoreELEC sees gamepad as both
Mouse and keyboard
Or Joystick and keyboard
At the same time.

I have Xiaomi gamepad bluetooth same as yours

Same results after pairing

Have been researching/reading last 2 days.

There is a udev rule Action thst can be applied
Still working on it…

Happy Testing

Same problem with Sony PS4 bluetooth controler …(work perfect with coreelec Matrix).
Pairing work but the controler not work …

There are also bluetooth sound how not work corectly and impossible to use jack 3.5 audio output for connect with cable …on Beelink GT king 2,i have try all sound output settings, 3 of them is sound on HDMI, bluetooth (not work corectly) , optical (i Can not test) ,so for the moment the only way to listen music is sound with hdmi ,TV must rest on :frowning: ,

If you truly are a music lover than I strongly advise you get yourself a decent HiFi AVR set up with some good speakers. No headphones or other sound systems come even close to immersive realism of a good surround sound system. If money is short look for a good second hand unit or maybe an out of date AVR model available new on a bargain promotion.

Appreciate some folk are not as lucky as I and cannot play music at any realistic volume through speakers. If that is the case then you most certainly need to buy the best headphones you can afford and for best quality do not use BT but connect via a cable.

Hello, i know this :wink: ,…i have hifi for listen music (stereo) i dont put on surround sound for listen music …for the moment its impossible to make work , there is no sound output how work for analog out ( jack 3,5 stereo to Rca red/ white cable connected to hifi )
Settings/System/Sound output settings Ce Ne :

ALSA: Default (Aml- Augensound Analog),Pcm.
Only sound on HDMI

ALSA: Aml- Augensound,Pcm .
Only sound on HDMI

ALSA : Aml-Augensound, Hdmi multi ch Pcm.
Only sound on HDMI

ALSA : Aml-Augensound, s/pdif
I can not test ,my hifi amp have no spdif (optical)

ALSA : Aml-Augensound, Hdmi
Only sound on HDMI

Pulse : Default, Bluetooth Audio (pulseaudio)

No Analog audio output how work for the moment…so for listen my cd collection in ce there are only 2 possibility : sound hdmi on TV or bluetooth headphone for listen music…
Maybe i forget to put on some settings for make work analog out ??

Box: Beelink GT king 2

I asume you disabled pass through in the CE System settings ?? This should output stereo of course to your TV via the HDMI. Then you should be able to output the stereo analogue signal to your amp via a suitable cable.

Music is great in 5.1 surround and ATMOS IF it is recorded as such but I do dislike pseudo surround and if recorded in stereo I set my AVR to Direct stereo output.

I have a Onkyo NR686 ATMOS HiFI AVR and through my HiFi Monitor Audio speakers and it is brilliant HiFi quality and can use my CD player and Phono Technics turntable too. I also watch The Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra’s Digital Concert Hall subscription streaming service and much of their archive content is available in genuine recorded ATMOS which is stunningly lifelike, highly recommended if you love clasical music too.

I think you have no option other than to use -ne with the GT King Mk II otherwise I was goign to suggest trying -ng instead. Looks a great box that Mk II

A post was merged into an existing topic: Looking for users with no working WiFi or BT

A post was merged into an existing topic: TrustOnX Player (TOX3) S905X4 - ETH not working

Please clarify:

• Can I update from 19 to 20?
  • I’m not getting update notification, do I need to switch update channel from Coreelec 19 to Coreelec 20 to get update notification?
  • Remote control, vfd settings are the same, I can use previous config on new system, right?
  1. A fresh install is highly recommended. Nevertheless you can throw the update file in the appropriate folder, reboot and hope for the best.

2. You never will get an update notification from one major version to the next.

3. Yes.

2 Likes

Closed, please continue here: