CoreELEC 20.3-Nexus Amlogic-ng Discussion

If it worked with 20.3 and not anymore on 20.3 you will need provide logs:
https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:ce_support

1 Like

Hi, @Portish!

ix.io is taking a break :beers: therefore, I will post the dmesg file where dvb works normally
CoreELEC (official): 20.2-Nexus (Amlogic-ng.arm)
Machine model: Amlogic
CoreELEC dt-id: gxl_p230_k1_pro
Amlogic dt-id: gxl_p230_2g
dmesg.txt (75.7 KB)

I am not sure anymore but you might need to enable “DVB GPIO Support” in CoreELEC settings.

I don’t quite understand how to do this

Can somebody please advise me what the dv version is all about as I have never heard of this before. “Introduced new device Amlogic-ng-dv” What boxes are these for ?? Assume it is not for the Ugoos X4Q or AM7 devices ???

IPTV Simple Client addon broke after the update to 20.3. In case anyone is wondering, the same streams work just fine on my PC (which is hardly a surprise, because these are legal streams). Did anyone experience anything like this after the update? Reinstalling the addon did not solve the issue.

I am seriously embarrassed, just looked at dmesg and the culprit looks like a failing SD card :frowning:

I am afraid that saying ‘it broke’ isnt enough info to confirm. I skipped 20.x altogether and see no issue in 21b2+, but if you can give a description of what exactly goes wrong, I could throw it on a testmachine for possible confirmation.

Sorry about that and thank you for your time. Simply import a local m3u8 playlist and, then, try to watch any channel. The GUI will throw an error message saying to check the logs. Unfortunately, I cannot find where the plugin is logging that error, so I’m also kind of stuck :frowning: (sorry)

I am seriously embarrassed, just looked at dmesg and the culprit looks like a failing SD card :frowning:

I think if you are able to create a [[debug log]], it would help greatly for anyone willing to examine the issue. I am away from my test instance atm, but I’ll try and see if 20.3 gives any errors. Good luck!

1 Like

Very, very sorry for this. Didn’t have to go much further than dmesg, I have IO errors in the SD card :frowning:
Furthermore, I was able to see the plugin working by simply recreating the playlist. Therefore, this is completely a mea culpa scenario, such a weird way to get SD card failures :frowning:

Oef, yes. I had those in the past. Changed to emmc which is faster anyway.

No, it’s only for “S922x XJ” devices with DV license installed from factory, I think the 2 models supported are:
Ugoos AM6B (Plus) and Minix Neo U22XJ (Max).

Thanks Portisch but excuse my asking for clarification but this was because yes I realised DV support was coming with CoreELEC 21 but not 20 Nexus. I would have realised DV in the build title stood for Dolby Vision if this was an Omega Beta update. So this means DV is being tested for Nexus too hmm and for -ng which surprises me too. I may have clearly missed some recent news here.

Dear all Amlogic-ng-dv users:

I just updated the release file on Github: Release 20.3-Nexus · CoreELEC/CoreELEC · GitHub

So if you have already installed Amlogic-ng-dv 20.3-Nexus before 17.01.2024 just update with the current release again. The new image have a fix for player led mode and DV MEL detection included.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, finally DV is working for me in CE :slight_smile: :+1:
Most of my testing DV videos work just fine now with nice and vibrant colors in Player-LED.
Only exceptions with bad colors are some older LG Trailers in .ts and .mkv. formats, f.e.

I try today,some movies perfect but some not, and some resume the color is purpel.
paste.coreelec.org/vGc8YJ

I have been running coreELEC 20.2-Nexus on a Tanix X4 since Christmas without issue.

Immediately after updating to 20.3-Nexus using the Available Version found in the Update Channel, the Tanix X4 began displaying a blank screen with no audio whenever it attempted to stream content (regardless of the add-on being used).

I was able to correct this issue by downgrading back to 20.2-Nexus using the Available Version found in the Update Channel.

According to the release notes for 20.3-Nexus, the recent update includes the use of Android libraries for SC2 S905X4 enabled devices and therefore I am going to go out on a limb and presume that may the culprit.

A debugging and recoding may be required for 20.3-Nexus in order to avoid this issue for owners of S905X4 devices who update to 20.3-Nexus.

Mecool KI pro dvb isn’t found
https://paste.coreelec.org/utIuFE

1. Mecool is not supported by CE
  2. It is not a full log
  3. Try clean fresh install