CoreELEC 21.0-Omega_alpha1 Amlogic-ng Discussion

The colour subsampling/depth options are not for nothing in display expert settings…

So you will know what you are doing.

fair enough

Report Coreelec 21.0-Omega_alpha1 Amlogic-ng on Beelink GT-King pro with Hisense 55U8hq
Bluetooth adapter - Not Found
service.system.docker - not available

Support resolution
1080p - 120Hz - work
2160 - 60HZ - work

Also 20.1 play better 4k video, than 21
21 has lag when i use remote control for tv (CEC) to command kodi. big lag. 20.1 is perfect
Thank you guys! That is from me!

X96 X4 TV box (S905X4_4GB_64GB_1Gb LAN) running v21.0 Alpha1 release.

Tested for a week. Some issues I can tell now is;

1. BT adapter not found.
  2. Sometimes during 4K video playback when we disturb playback like skip to certain time, the video becomes not smooth (I assume frame rate drop). Anyhow this symptom disappears when I pause and play again the video :slight_smile:

Kudos to the team. Keep rocking guys. Thanks!

1. Looking for users with no working WiFi or BT
  2. coreelec:ce_support [CoreELEC Wiki]

A post was split to a new topic: Dolby Vision for Minix U22X-J (Max) and Ugoos AM6+

X96 X4 TV box (S905X4_4GB_64GB_1Gb LAN)

20230509 : wifi works!
20230525 : wifi does not work!

the wifi driver has broken in the latest release. please help to fix it.

Thank you. Wish you the best

Our magic ball is broken: read one post above.

First of all big thanks to CE devs for yor effots.
I have installed this DV build on a clean micro sd on the ugoos Am6b plus.
As on the other build P5, P8.1. HDR10+ and HDR HLG play perfectly.
Profile 7 gives the same problems as the other build. Impossible to use.
Many thanks and ready to test whatever you want me to test.

@Portisch
I’ve tested the new DV version on my Minix U22-XJ. Great build, thanks!
I see that the FEL works, the second track is visible, but the playback is unstable. See for example the Power Rangers FEL TEST ST-DL.mp4 sample file. The subtitles are white, but the playback stops at about 37 seconds and you can’t ff/rw/skip. But you can see the second layer nicely in the RPU-FEL TEST ST DL p7 test files.
So you just need to improve the stability and it will be perfect :slight_smile:

I tried with my Ugoos AM6 Plus, but it stucks at Upgrading. Is there something to do, should I upgrade the official firmware or something ?

EDIT: If I use USB, it restarts all the time!

Did you even read the post? Upgrade is not recommend as it can break everything?

1 Like

Fully agree with @djnice .
On the Ugoos am6b plus, Setting the “Convert Dolby Vision for compatibility” to “lossless” the Power Rangers FEL TEST ST-DL.mp4 the playback shows the second layer but stops at 37 seconds.
Tested on a movie it stops after few seconds but the 2 layes are working.
On these devices (ugoos and minix) I think that there is no need for other settings other than “lossless”
On “lossless” all the profiles play as expected.
:smiley: :smiley:
Edit. sorry this post is for @Portisch

I meant, do I need to update the official firmware to v0.5.4 first?

I used a clean CoreELEC installation with the ng-dv image. It stucks at Upgrading… (with Android logo) when I use uSD and restarts all the time when I use USB2 port.

I see there are two versions of Ugoos AM6 Plus, maybe I have the wrong one.

@djnice @ragico

Native playback of P7 is a no-go at this point in time.
There is a bug or something else that’s missing which prevents it from working correctly on CE.
@Portisch has spent a few days trying to debug it and make it work as close as possible to how it’s done on Android without usable results.
We may get back to it some day, but can’t justify spending more time on it right now.

1 Like

Thank you anyway. Much appreciated @Portisch efforts. I am quite sure he will find a solution.

2 Likes

all the best for @Portisch …livin legend

2 Likes

Proper lossless FEL playback was always unstable on Kodi Android on these devices anyway, but a user on the Kodi forums managed to compile a Kodi apk that fixed the instability: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=372504

Unfortunately, the user never published source code, and when asked to, decided to delete all the compiled apks and disappeared. However, the fact that these apks existed and worked means that it’s possible that code changes in Kodi itself could resolve the issue, without any CoreELEC-specific fixes.

However, without the source code it’s hard to know what code changes the user made to fix the instability. Perhaps the apk can be reverse-engineered? Is that something that’s possible @Portisch?

1 Like

You’re not right, this Kodi APK just use the underlay system with OMX awesome decoder including Mediacodec. Both are closed source blobs. FEL works flawlessly under Android with these components.

The Nova player does even work better than this Kodi version.

It’s something about the FL layer decoder. It sometimes works, sometimes not and this cause the frames stuck.

1 Like

This FEL decoder is missing from the 5.4 kernel? Or the S905X4 does not able to decode it?