CoreELEC 21.0-Omega_alpha1 Amlogic-ng Discussion

Thank you anyway. Much appreciated @Portisch efforts. I am quite sure he will find a solution.

2 Likes

all the best for @Portisch …livin legend

2 Likes

Proper lossless FEL playback was always unstable on Kodi Android on these devices anyway, but a user on the Kodi forums managed to compile a Kodi apk that fixed the instability: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=372504

Unfortunately, the user never published source code, and when asked to, decided to delete all the compiled apks and disappeared. However, the fact that these apks existed and worked means that it’s possible that code changes in Kodi itself could resolve the issue, without any CoreELEC-specific fixes.

However, without the source code it’s hard to know what code changes the user made to fix the instability. Perhaps the apk can be reverse-engineered? Is that something that’s possible @Portisch?

1 Like

You’re not right, this Kodi APK just use the underlay system with OMX awesome decoder including Mediacodec. Both are closed source blobs. FEL works flawlessly under Android with these components.

The Nova player does even work better than this Kodi version.

It’s something about the FL layer decoder. It sometimes works, sometimes not and this cause the frames stuck.

1 Like

This FEL decoder is missing from the 5.4 kernel? Or the S905X4 does not able to decode it?

No, all is there. Someone can debug it and tell us how to handle the FL layer decoder that he is able to proper decode all frames. We don’t know (yet).

Does the DoViBaker source help?

Wow, that’s so cool! Hi everyone? How do I know if my Ugoos AM6 is type A or type B? And if I have a type A, will it be possible in the future for it to work?

I’ve also got the original AM6plus (not B) and I can’t get it to install. Theres no real differences other than the wi fi so I’m hoping it can be got working.

I’ve installed it on my Minix U22XJ and it all works fine - the only thing that doesn’t work is DV profile 7 - no matter what compatibility mode I have it set for I only get the green/magenta picture.

1 Like

With the update dated 20230611, GT King Pro Wireless does not work.
No Wireless Menu Option in Network Option
Omega 21

Confirmed. I think also BT is missing.

I have a problem with Tvheadend HTSP client in 21.0 Omega nightly
If I play a recording and stop at a certain point, I cannot continue watching from the same point later (recording is played back from the beginning)
With 20.1 it works without any problems
Does anyone else have this problem?

Look at the timebar what it does show. I think I have seen this to, not sure what can cause this.
Just stop and start the recording again fix the timestamp again and continue working.

If I plan on only using CoreELEC is there any differences I should be concerned with between the Homatics Box R 4K and Rocktek G2?

My Problem is if i play an recorded file eg. for 5 minutes in the folder recordings
If i play the file again i can choose “Resume from 00:05.02” or “Play from beginning”
but resume dont work
In 20.1 it works

https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:ce_support

what do people buy? There’s tons of misinformation saying that 32bit and 64bit is supported, what are the recommended boxes for DoVi? why is there no ability to force LLDV on?

the entire information stream here feels bungled.

There is a option to force, LLDV. But only available if the TV support it at all.

I think he means force LLDV (VS10) for all content. I would also like this. You can do this in Android.

1 Like