CoreELEC 21.0-Omega_alpha2 Amlogic-ng Discussion

Amlogic-ng

Please use this thread for general CoreELEC 21.0-Omega_alpha2 Amlogic-ng discussion

Before posting an error please follow these troubleshooting steps.

1 Like

Tested P7 and nothing has changed, Thank you CE teAM.

1 Like

I have problems with 3D switching with the Minix Neo U22-XJ Max. When I disable 3D mode, the picture distorts and the resolution is not correct anymore. With the Minix Neo U1 it works.

What is the difference between Amlogic-ng-dv.arm and Amlogic-ng.arm?

As name suggest one has DV support for devices which supports it.

Unable to use docker
AM6B PLUS
CoreELEC 21.0-Omega_alpha2 Amlogic-ng

And how could anyone know why with only this 2 statements?

The only idea I have from my head is that docker drops arm support - I read something about few days back.

I’m on 20.1-ng and docker works with no problems here.

Somthing is wrong with NG omega builds on my s905x3 android box (f3 air), from 20230704 and 20230705 i cant on longer play new media files that newer ben play before pressing play do nothing, only files that have resume play position work and finish files, going back to 20230702 fix problem

Update:
Using context menu and selecting ‘play’ option do nothing, but when you first select ‘play from here’ and then stop video after starts playing, and then you use ‘play’ option from context menu or button on remote, video starts to play normaly, but only that file all new never open files cant be play using play option on menu or button on remote (ir or kore or yatse)

Update 2:
Some files dont have option play from here

Downgrade to Nexus. Omega is Alpha and known broken about resume or seek. That’s the reason we will postpone Omega until it get stable again.

Build from 02.07 works just fine

Update today to build from 16.07 and for now all is back to normal

Kodi Omega nightly development build “kodi-20230808-be5b014b-master-armeabi-v7a” for the first time play some P7 Fel movies on Ugoos AM6B Plus engaging both decoders, without issues. Just for information.
Thank you

Amlogic-ng-dv.arm-20.3?
Then yes, P7 FEL do play at least on Minix & Ugoos G12B DV with 4.9 kernel.
But seek is still broken.

Sorry cannot find “Amlogic-ng-dv.arm-20.3”
Where to find it?

When 20.3 is released

2 Likes

Thanks, waiting for it

I did manual build a nightly Amlogic-ng-dv.arm CoreELEC-20.3.
So you can test it on one of the two devices. FEL may work, may not, not sure.
When it works don’t try to seek! It’s for sure not working and you will need to stop/start the video again.

FEL does not work yet on Amlogic-ne.

It’s preferred to make a new install with this image instead update as it’s now Kodi Nexus and not Kodi Omega anymore:

Happy testing!

3 Likes