CoreELEC 21.0-Omega_alpha3 Amlogic-ng Discussion

Amlogic-ng

Please use this thread for general CoreELEC 21.0-Omega_alpha3 Amlogic-ng discussion

Before posting an error please follow these troubleshooting steps.

1 Like

Surprised there is an ‘ng’ version for Omega. From the restructure announcement I thought only the ‘ne’ would persist as that is the newer Linux kernel.

It’s still online until 5.15 can replace it.
G12B like N2 or VIM3 do already boot fine but there are some open items left.
So not sure what the future brings next.

3 Likes

Thank you for the NG DV :+1:
I did a clean install on my Ugoos AM6B+ and changed the video setting to lossless. I tried a few FEL MKV but unfortunately they all froze at the start, I then tried Mortal Engines FEL which played absolutely fine on 20.3 NG DV but on this build it just black screened the box and I had to pull the power.
After rebooting I tested the other DV profiles and they all played perfectly.

You can bind the stop key and use it when the screen is black without powering it off.

1 Like

Hi I’m new in the Coreelec world, I’ve Dune HD Homatics Box R 4k Plus, and I’m confused about which build should work with this device with zero error, especially for DV.

which one should I download?: Release 21.0-Omega_alpha3 · CoreELEC/CoreELEC · GitHub

Last Qus, which one is better the omega alpha3 or this build? CoreELEC-Amlogic-ne.arm-20.2-Nexus-Generic.img

Best regards.

Use CE 20 NE.

1 Like

cannot seem to find a compatible Tvheadend client for this version. any help appreciated.

Compatible in what way? Maybe addons didn’t were build lately for NG. Will check.

1 Like

Do you mean this: Release 20.2-Nexus · CoreELEC/CoreELEC · GitHub

which one is compatible with my device to download? Dune HD Homatics Box R 4k Plus

Regards.

Well, this is discussion for CoreELEC 21.0-Omega_alpha3 Amlogic-ng Discussion - hint NG.

For Homatics/Dune you need to use NE version. If you want stable then use Nexus CoreELEC-Amlogic-ne.arm-20.2-Nexus-Generic.img.gz. For Omega it is CoreELEC-Amlogic-ne.aarch64-21.0-Omega_alpha3-Generic.img.gz but can be unstable with different Kodi issues.

3 Likes

Thank you for your reply and I apologize for using this discussion hint OMEGA.

Ok, if the 20.2 Nexus supports full Dolby Vision, what is the benefit of using this omega? I know the benefit of using Kodi omega apk in Andriod to fully support DV mkv, etc… :thinking:

as I said before I’m still a new in the Coreelec world :grin:

Because initially DV was supported only in Omega. But after time Kodi had/has more and more issues and all the changes were ported back to Nexus. To have more satisfied customers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

so my friend no need to Omega, right?

had the time to check? still cant find the tvheadend client in the repo.

It should be available tomorrow.

But for now you can try this one: 502.1 KB file on MEGA

FYI: this version (Omega Alpha3 with DV support) on Minix U22-XJ had a file corruption error when first installed. Following that, the storage partition was marked damaged, and backup restore was not possible. the solution was to connect the SD card to a PC and use a program such as DiskGenius to format the damaged storage EXT4 partition. Once that’s done, the backup restored fine.