CoreELEC 21.0-Omega_beta1 Amlogic-ng Discussion

Where can I get a copy of a 32bit and 64bit dovi.ko files?

Hey guys!
I am a bit late to the party, I have just seen that Coreelec Dolby Vision is happening, big thanks to all contributors :tada:

I have an Ugoos AM6Plus A revision. I have seen opposing info on the discussion threads, can I install on this device this build and get Dolby Vision playback, or only AM6Plus B dtb is provided right now and it is not compatible with my device?

Thanks!

I have noticed Inputstream add-ons are not working on this release due to non updated versions. Do you have any solutions for that? or download links for working versions for this coreelec release?
thanks.

Something doesn’t add up.
If I am not mistaken, GT King is a g12b
From the CE sources:

bool chip_support_dv(void)
{
	if (is_meson_txlx() || is_meson_gxm() ||
	    is_meson_g12() || is_meson_tm2() ||
	    is_meson_sc2() || is_meson_t7() ||
	    is_meson_t3() || is_meson_s4d() ||
	    is_meson_t5w())
		return true;
	else
		return false;
}

It seems that GT King SOC does support DV. It’s just a matter of licensing.
Is this correct?

Yes and no, yes it’s a g12b/S922X and if it was licensed for DV it would be the g12b/S922X-J. So no, GT-King doesn’t support DV and only missing licensing it’s an understatement.

Hi there!
I’ve installed the CE 21 Amlogic-NG-DV omega beta1 release, but there are no available video inputstream add-ons. I was wondering where can I find the CE 21 Amlogic-NG-DV omega beta1 nightly release (specifically the DV releases and not the non-DV which I found) so I can try them out in case they have the missing add-ons, as I cannot install youtube or iptv simple client without them…
Thanks!

Addons should be available. Please provide kodi debug log.

Thanks for the answers.

According to the S922X datasheet:

The video output pipeline includes Dolby Vision (optional)

Can you elaborate on the technical differences.
What is the mechanism? Additional instructions in the graphics core? What are they?

Did anyone try to debug dv on s922x?

I really can’t understand what you’re aiming at. Yes it’s optional, if Beelink chose DV support, the soc would be S922X but the -J variant.
We’re running in circles here. You’re free to try what you want so if you want to keep banging you’re head against a brick wall, be my guest.

3 Likes

I don’t have inputstream.adaptive either.
I wanted to instil TubeCast but it says that addin is not available.
I will try to give logs, once i figure out how to get them :slight_smile:

Is this help?

2023-12-06 22:40:46.086 T:14845 debug : CAddonInstaller: installing ‘plugin.video.youtube’ version ‘7.0.2.2’ from repository ‘repository.xbmc.org
2023-12-06 22:40:46.093 T:16192 debug : CAddonInstallJob[plugin.video.youtube]: requires inputstream.adaptive version 20.3.1 which is not available
2023-12-06 22:40:46.093 T:16192 error : CAddonInstallJob[plugin.video.youtube]: A(z) inputstream.adaptive (20.3.1 verzió) függőség nem elégíthető ki.
2023-12-06 22:40:46.125 T:14845 debug : CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (addons://all/xbmc.addon.video)
2023-12-06 22:40:46.125 T:14845 debug : ParentPath = [addons://all/xbmc.addon.video]
2023-12-06 22:40:46.125 T:16233 debug : Thread waiting start, auto delete: false

On which exact version are you trying to install ISA?
For 21.0-Omega_beta1 you need ISA version inputstream.adaptive-21.4.0.1.zip from here
Not outdated 20.3.1 version…

CoreELEC addons are stored on github GitHub - CoreELEC/CoreELEC-Addons

For manual install select the correct repository.

But still no proper debug log :frowning:

Thanks, i was able to install manually.
Btw i have coreelec and kodi addon repository, but the VideoPlayer Input Stream category is completely missing.

I still don’t know how to give you proper debug logs, i was googling.
Or do you need the full kodi.log?

I see all 3 addons.

I mean i cannot see on my device :slight_smile:

I have installed CoreELEC version 21.0-Omega_beta1 in ( CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng-dv.arm-21.0-Omega_beta1-Generic.img.gz ) in Minix Neo U22 XJ everything works as it should, but the DVD menu does not appear. Can someone advise me why this is happening? It works fine on the stable version. Thanks for advice.

My remote stopped working on N2 in both 20231206 and 20231202. I’m back to 20231109. Is there any release between 0911 and 0212?

https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:ce_support

Closed, please continue here: