CoreELEC Amlogic-ng(4.9 kernel) for S905X/S905D/S905W - FunHouse builds

No changes for my noname S905X 1/8 box, can start it only in textmode. When do systemctl start kodi got kernel crash. But build from 15 Jan (with old 4.9 kernel from HK, before you start using amlogic 4.9.113) work ok.

I’ve discovered an easy method with no inconvenience related to the ng boot script.

Using my Mecool K1 Pro S905D 2gb / 16gb with CoreELEC 9.2.3 booting via SD Card

I flashed new funhouse_2024.6 ng image to a Corsair 64gb USB stick.
Removed the CE 9.2.3 SD Card

Inserted the USB stick with funhouse_2024.6
Toothpick reset for first ng bootup and it booted no problem.

I restored previous externally copied backup from my stable 9.2.3 SD Card image.
which worked.

I then powered off the box and inserted the SD Card with 9.2.3 image
Note: I did not remove the USB Stick

I powered on the box and it booted to my SD Card 9.2.3

I powered off the box
Removed the SD Card

Powered on and it booted to USB funhouse_2024.6 ng without having to Toothpick reset again.

So for those wanting to run these funhouse builds it is not that painfull. :grin:

Run the stable on an sd card or power off and pull out the sd card to boot NG Funhouse.

To explain it better the contents of aml_autoscript are saved to the env partition when pressing the reset button.

This partition is read by the bootloader at every boot up and contains the boot commands, that is why it is only needed once because once our modifications are saved then they are there forever unless you do a factory reset.

It seems the aml_autoscript commands tell the bootloader to try booting from SD Card first and the USB is ignored if BOTH are inserted at the same time.

EDIT UPDATE: It seems that this is not how the script works.
I just came home and cold booted with SD Card and USB stick inserted and it failed to boot with an error from trying to boot USB funhouse_2024.6 ng

So do not leave both SD Card and USB Stick inserted at the same time.
It’s hit or miss what happens. :grinning:

I removed the SD Card after power off and it booted properly (without Toothpick reset)

1 Like

Great job cdu13a got it running smoothly on a w95 s905w 1gb model box, so far the only issues are the following:

2.1 sound and above causes any video to stop.

Analog audio not working.

Slow boot time even when installed to internal.

Laggy UI when opening osd.

I’m no dev but if I can help somehow let me know.

Edit: Also the option to disable noise reduction is gone.

4.9 kernel behaves differently with Audio.
Set it to HDMI Multi Ch PCM audio device for HDMI and PCM for analog.
Make sure that sync playback to display option in Settings > Player > Videos is disabled.

Hi, already have sync playback to display disabled but I don’t see the option HDMI Multi Ch PCM anywere, can you pls point me in the right direction?

The audio config needs some work. I’ve not done anything with audio on CoreELEC so it’s a bit of a learning curve for me and might take a bit of time unless one of the other devs that have more experience handling audio stuff gets a chance to deal with it.

Hello, did installtointernal worked? I run this build on a X96 Mini (S905W), and would like to test this. Cheers!
PS: I’m aware that it is unsupported.

Got it working on a w95 s905w 1gb with ceemmc but remember it’s unsupported…

1 Like

Work on Tanix Tx3 mini (S905w 2/16) with android 9 firmware, but shut down function don’t work. When i choose shutdown box goes to restart. Anyone can help? Thanks.

It’s been a problem with this box since public pre testing.

We are still testing to find the issue.

Out of interest
What or where is the Android 9 FW you are using ??

Hello. Thank you for quick response. This is the firmware i’m using. http://www.filefactory.com/file/1c50i5nalnml/TX3Mini-S905W-20191008.zip

Here is the page link: https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/download-android-9-stock-firmware-for-tanix-tx3-mini-tv-box.html

Did you use a USB drive or a SD card? If an SD card did you get a long(more then 30 seconds) delay between uboot(when the vendor logo displays) and when the CoreELEC boot splash displayed?

I have use USB drive. i couldn’t run coreelec from the SD card. When i try to boot from SD card the box went to the recovery menu and nothing happend. Now the coreelec is installed on eMMC as dual boot, for now everything work ok except shutdown function. If i want shutdown the box i need to reboot to android and then I need to select an option shutdown.

Hallo,
i have a mxqpro 4k Box
i cant not find a device tree "gxb_p200_1g "
for this Box

Built gxl branch with today’s changes, this is fixed now.

CoreELEC funhouse_2026.6 - Release Notes
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Changes since funhouse_2024.6:
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
• Update CoreELEC funhouse build to match 20200702 nightly build release
• Fix analog audio output on some devices
• Fix booting from sd card delay

Known Issue:
• Internal DVB support is still missing.
• There are probably numerous other like unfinished and odd things.

Note: See first post in this thread for download link.

4 Likes

I would like to thank you for this excellent 2026.6 build

I run it on a WeChip v5 S905X box booting from SDCard.
For my use case this build is absolute perfection
Audio through HDMI to FHD TV (no fancy Amplifier or anything)
Bluetooth works for keyboard and headphones
Wifi works with both 5GHz and 2.4GHz
remote works after loading the map
hevc/h264 hardware acceleration works
CEC works
Inputstream helper correctly downloads ChromeOS and extracts widevine library and then Netflix and Disney+ both work nicely
All RTMP streams (rtmpe and custom rtmp streams with extra params) work fine without crashing Kodi once the patched inputstream.rtmp is installed

Thanks again for all the great work that has gone into getting this amlogic-ng-on-gxl build

PS: @cdu13a I miss the red funhouse splash screen :grinning:

3 Likes

CoreELEC funhouse_2027.6 - Release Notes

Changes since funhouse_2026.6:
• Update CoreELEC funhouse build to match 20200710 nightly build release
• Fix several audio related issues
• Fix gui/fb issue

Known Issue:
• Internal DVB support is still missing.
• There are probably numerous other like unfinished and odd things.

Note: See first post in this thread for download link.

3 Likes

Hello cdu13a thank you for your work this is getting better at every release, just one question if im not mistaken version 2006.2 or 2008.2 by s905w box was running at 1500mhz from the standard 1200mhz do you think its possible to do that again on the next release or at least give as the option to enable it?