CoreELEC Amlogic-ng(4.9 kernel) for S905X/S905D/S905W - FunHouse builds

I can confirm that boot, restart is working fine on a KI pro.
It was the first time that I managed to boot without problems, Thanks.
Let’s wait for the tuner to work. :grinning:

Overclocking and similar options can be looked at once all the basic functions are all confirmed working, and the gxl support has been merged into the main repo.

1 Like

Thanks cdu13a

Making another attempt at DVB support. If anybody is able to test this can you let me know which device you have and which dtb that you need for it.

Then I can pm you a link to a test build that has the DVB support added for that device.

2 Likes

How do I PM you the details or should I just send it here?

Thanks.

just reply here with the details.

1 Like

Device: Mecool KI Pro (dtb is gxl_p230_k1_pro.dtb)
The internal DVB driver should be AVL6862.

+1 KI Pro!

The Ethernet lockups on my Le Potato are really bad and actually easy to reproduce. When I try to copy a large (10Gb+) file over LAN to a Le Potato’s sdcard - I get a 100% failure. Ethernet just locks up until I power cycle the Le Potato.

Ethernet just breaks down or the device? I can check it. Is 10GB enough. Only SD card or also emmc?

Only Ethernet, the device continue to work. 10Gb should be enough. I only tested with SD card, I don’t have emmc.

CoreELEC funhouse_2028.2 - Release Notes
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Changes since funhouse_2027.6:
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
• Add support for internal DVB

Known Issue:
• There are probably still some unfinished and odd things.

Note: See first post in this thread for download link.

4 Likes

KI Pro: tvheadend has detected the tuner! AVL6862
After installing crazycat driver. (More was only after installing the crazycat driver)
Perfect @cdu13a

My available channels are DVB-T only in my country.
Crazycat module used.
Muxes found and services mapped.

What type of broadcast channels are available in your country. ??

1 Like

I just sftp’d 3 12gb files to the lepotato. Straight to dev null so no storage was involved.

Got 11.2 mb/s speed, and no sign of a lock up on the Ethernet.

How are you transfering the files when this happens?

1 Like

My apologies beginner’s mistake!
Everything works tuner plug was loose.
@cdu13a @kostaman
Everything works fine! :smiley: :smiley:
Thank you for your help.

I just reproduced it with iperf3.
iperf3 -s on Le Potato
iperf3 - c 192.168.xx.xx -t 9999 on a PC.
It failed after ~5 minutes

ok, I will try testing with that method.

1 Like

I’m starting to suspect that my board is probably faulty. I see this issue with different power supplies, different LAN cables.
If that’s the case then sorry for the noise.

if you have a different switch that you can connect the device to that may help determine what is happening.

It’s rare(and makes for some pain in the backside issues to debug) but sometimes you can get issues were one Ethernet chipset is not happy talking to another Ethernet chipset.

1 Like