CoreElec and HDR10+ / HDR10 Plus

Aha, fellow Philips owner. What do you see under system information? Does it show hdr10+?

If not, try this, don’t know which model you have, but try changing hdmi input settings back and forth. Like if it was in gaming 120hz mode, change to something else than back. Coreelec will probably play hdr10+ now.

Whenever I reboot the tv, I have to do this for some reason.

Hi @Kaan, so I’ve got the Philips 807 Series. My System Information does not show HDR10+ actually (didn’t think of looking there until you said):

I’ve got Kodi installed on Android on the Philips TV (as used to use this to watch Dolby Vision content until I bought my Nokia 8010 box) & interestingly, that shows exactly the same as the image above.

Did try changing the input settings and it made no difference, also rebooted the Nokia into Android and tried watching the same content via Amazon Prime Video & that didn’t come up with HDR10+ Adaptive either.

So bit baffled really on this one.

I have 808, usually I only see hdr and hlg until I change those settings back and forth.

@kaan, mine was set to Optimal (Auto Game) so I’ve set it to Optimal and it’s working now for me! Don’t think it needs to be in Auto Game for my CoreELEC use on this Nokia box.

I restarted the TV and it still appeared to work OK but will keep my eyes on it.

Hope you are enjoying your 808, looks like a great TV and some big improvements on built in Android. I had to go for the 807 because I couldn’t wait any longer for the 808 to be released but it’s still a great TV.

Glad it worked for you, Optimal would be fine but I end up changing this settings so it doesn’t really matter. :slight_smile:

As for the TV, picture quality is great as they say but there is an issue in game mode on this tv. There is at least 200ms delay with the audio, hdmi, builtin apps like moonlight all the same.
I’m surprized that no reviews caught this, and barely anyone notices it.