I want to switch to IPTV but I have a few things I run into. The question is will I install the iptv app. On the TV or I will buy an iptv box and set up the app there. When I look around at the iptv boxes… and the spec. From it see Then I think yes they are still inferior to the 4 to 5 year old Android box that I have. The box I have here under the spec. of it.
R-TV BOX Pro S10
- CPU: Amlogic S912 Octa core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU up to 2GHz (DVFS)
- GPU: ARM Mali-T820MP3 GPU up to 750MHz (DVFS)
- 3D Graphics: OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0 and open VG1.1 suport
- RAM: 3GB DDR4
- ROM: 32GB eMMC Flash
- OS: Android 7.1.2
- Support USB: 2 x USB host + 1 x USB OTG
- Support Micro SD Card
- Support the Latest 10 bit HEVC H.265, VP9 Decoding
- Support H.265 up to 4Kx2K@60fps Video HDR
- Support IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n Dual-band WiFi 2.4G + 5.6G
- Support Bluetooth: V4.1
- HDMI Port: HDMI 2.0
This is still reasonable in relation to the other boxes.
But because Android runs heavier, I am thinking of doing a coreelec install via the micro sd card. (this also does not damage the android that is already in the box) Because then it starts up faster and navigates more smoothly. Now I’m still looking around what the best linux firmware is for iptv to run on. So if you are reading this and possibly have an option for this I would like to hear it. I’m not very familiar with linux yet but want to delve into it. Possibly a USB stick in it for the storage of recording via IPTV.
Had already looked at the corelec firmware or my type of box: R-TV Box Pro S10 is there, could not find it.
Best regards, Superted