CoreELEC - FunHouse builds

CoreELEC fh-1847 is now available to be tested.

This build includes the Bitdepth Auto switching feature removed from the 8.95.5 release.

Note: To make sure we get accurate results when testing you should remove any custom disp_cap file.

Changelog (fh-1847)

This build can be downloaded here.

3 Likes

i installed this earlier, majority of HDR content switches cs/cd ok, i did however so far found 1 out of about 10 files that doesn’t switch correctly, instead im getting RGB FULL 1080P/60 reported from my AVR, ill grab a log in a bit and report back

After a few hours everything is OK
had a considerable temperature rise
from 68 ° to 75 °
Box KI Pro.
fh-1847

1 Like

VERSION=“devel-fh-1847”
COREELEC_ARCH=“S905.arm”

The build is working perfectly on my Mecool M8S pro+ with cs/cd switching! :slight_smile:
Regarding the temperature, after 1,5 hours of 1:1 UHD Blu-Ray playback through PlexKodiConnect from my NAS, the temperature was 58°C - which is normal

So far so good on an A905x (s905).

Very very good job (S905/S912)

It works perfectly on a Vorke z6 (S912). I haven’t noticed any problem. What would I see if so?

I hope this comes back to the main CoreELEC branch soon.

Regards.

@Duke, it would be very helpful if you could upload some logs including mediainfo from the file that didn’t trigger the cd/cs auto-switching to work as intended.

Most problems related to the cd/cs auto-switching feature seem to be related to black screen and signal loss. In addition to corner cases where specific files do not trigger the cd/cs auto-switching which I found in the early stages. However, after the latest version (fh-1847), all the files I’ve tried seem to trigger cd/cs auto-switching :slight_smile:

i just tried but it looks like it could have been a one time fluke, ill keep an eye and let you know if it happens again, other than that its working really well here.

Just to let everybody know. Everything that was included in the fh-1847 has been merged into CoreELEC and will be in the next release of CoreELEC.

If you are interested in testing the cd/cs auto switching before then, the nightly builds are the most up to date builds for that feature now.

7 Likes

CoreELEC fh-1907.3 is now available to be tested.

This build includes improvement to the HDMI drivers, auto cd/cs switching and HDR.

Note: This build drops the Disable auto colour depth switching setting in favour of having a setting to limit output to 8-bit and a Use 4:2:2 colour subsampling setting instead. These two settings plus the whitelist should be helpful to any user that has problems with the default configuration.

Changelog (fh-1907.3)

• Based on CoreELEC 8.99.2
  • Includes kernel 7cd1d8d (improved hdmi driver and auto cd/cs switching)
  • Added setting for 4:2:2 colour subsampling and limiting output to 8-bit
  • Includes CoreELEC Debug scripts (dispinfo and remoteinfo)
  • Includes a few additional fixes by afl1 that have been add to CoreELEC since 8.99.2
  • Includes setting to Enable HEVC seek workaround

This build can be downloaded here.

3 Likes

Because the display debug info script is now included in the build, it is now easier to just run dispinfo to pastebin the display debug info and get a handy url you can post here when reporting display problems.

There is also now an ir remote debug info script as well that will pastebin your ir remote configuration and provide you a url to post when reporting ir remote issues. To use the this script just run remoteinfo

1 Like

The build is running smooth with no issues or anything regarding playback of 1080p/2160p x264/265 8/10-bit 24/25/30/50/60 fps content! :slight_smile: Looking strong!

If anyone find some samples that give problems, let us know by giving the name of the sample and mediainfo so we can look into it.

2 Likes

I try this and I see a slight improvement in the quality of the image.

Stuck in the home screen (Welcome to CoreELEC)
After changing my language to the next key
does not work anymore.

Changelog (fh-1907.3)
KI Pro
I did 3 times the image is nothing.
I decided to leave the English image perfectly configured!
follow the tip, do not change the language

After all set up.Working
I rebooted and received this error
Sometimes I see the message

“Tvheadend HTSP Client - No free adapter available”

I need to reboot to see if I can get on the TV!
Everything perfect for me mero motal that has box as a main function to watch tv

I would be intrested in a funhouse amlogic-ng-aarch64, looking to support the n2 into the future, as it can run the kernel version used for amlogic-ne, and newer if not actually the CE tweaked kernel version, i am currently running ce-builder on the n2+, and running PROJECT=Amlogic-ce ARCH=aarch64 make image, and will tell if it fails, here or github. Using git-latest ce-21,

PS. this is based on thinking the ng if it does get the 21-release, will be like the pre-restructure, where it was still expected to have a arm userbase, why not try for native aarch64 instead of trying to maintain a decrepated, multilib arch, with growing support for widevine and other addons holding the userspace at 32 now being available in aarch64, does it not make sense to have the underlying systems updated to where those changes can be factored in?, with a disclaimer that it might not immediately be stable or working even. its kinda hard to see if the versions of widevine will play nice, and be worth supporting dev efforts when the framework for testing and doing so isn’t in place

The work is ongoing to add the N2(+) to the newest kernel in CoreELEC, 5.15. All in 64bit. I can assure you that I already tried it and it works. So with calm and patience things will mover forward and N2 will be lifted the a place better than current ne.

1 Like