CoreELEC on eMMC and Android on MicroSD

Selfinstall.

I flashed and installed the Selfinstall version of ATV on uSD. Boots fine (when SPI switch is on the right), however, I can’t get online as the wifi seems to be having issues. Once I choose my Wifi SSID network and enter my password, nothing happens. The screen just stays there even after pressing “Next or Done”. I wasn’t having wifi issues on the other flavor of android so I’m sure this is a ROM related problem. I will report this issue on the Odroid ATV forum thread for further review.

But the bigger dual boot issue I was having still remains… it’s exactly the same symptom I was experiencing before with the other flavor of android.

Powering on Odroid N2 with SPI switch on LEFT boots Petitboot 20191127. The dual boot option comes up displaying my choices of CoreELEC and Android. If I don’t make a selection, CoreELEC is chosen by default and it boots fine.

If I select Android, it doesn’t boot. The bottom left of screen states the following… “Performing kexec reboot” and then the HARDKERNEL boot image is displayed and remains displayed. The only way out of this screen is to power cycle the box.I also noticed that both LEDs (red and blue) on the board remain lit (no flashes). At this point, I will also report this issue on the Odroid forum Petitboot thread. Thanks for all your help. I will post an update once the issue is resolved.

P.S. - I even tried to flash Petitboot latest version one more time to see if that did it. No avail.

UPDATE: Petitboot has been confirmed to have issues using Samsung Evo uSD. A fix is being worked on by its developer.

I momentarily resolved my dual booting issue by downgrading to an older version, 20190705, of Petitboot. As of now, I am able to dual boot accordingly.

UPDATE: Happy to report that the latest version of Petitboot as of this writing (ver. 20200224) finally lets me boot both operating systems! All other prior version did not work for me, for the exception of 20190705, which was getting a bit outdated.

Hi @Sholander,

I’ve been looking on this forum and Odroid forum but cannot really find a recent answer, that is why I’m reviving this topic.

I’ll receive my Odroid N2+ soon and as I’ve never used a SBC before I’m trying to understand the first steps to proper install dual boot.

From your post, I now see that the best configuration for dual boot is to get Android Pie on eMMC and CE on SD.
Therefore, I guess I’ll need to

• burn the Android image to the eMMC first and boot the N2+ to install it
  • burn the CE image to SD and insert it in the slot, N2+ should boot on it and install

I’m not sure if I should remove the eMMC to install CE? (SD only)

Then to select on which OS to boot, I need to remove the SD for Android boot and leave it in for CE. Is this correct understanding?

Last question, I read a lot about updating Petitboot. Is it recommended / required for this kind of setup?

Thanks!

Read more about using petitboot, no need to remove anything.