Coreelec on Tanix TX3 S905X3

Best recommendation ever :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:.
I thought in such a forum you can get some advice. The China dealer definitely does not always write down the correct specifications. The dealer will only confirm what is written in the description, I can read that myself. Or do you think the dealer will ask the manufacturer to give me a highly qualified answer?
Here some write from 1000mbps on this model. Hence the question. Well, got really smarter now.

Maybe go to Tanix manufacturer’s website and see if such a box is manufactured by them.

You are asking for specifications advice on a Tanix branded box which does not exist on their official website.

Maybe ask the seller if it is a fake clone using the Tanix brand ?

Tanix sell a Tanix TX5 Plus with non variable specifications.
Users on this forum have reported this box as working with no reports of mixed specifications.

Dual WiFi – Gbit LAN

I just got my TX3, fired it up into the installed Android, set it up and checked that it is indeed a S905X3 with 4GB of DRAM and a 100Mbps Ethernet port (as shown by my Ethernet switch). I also install a Start_CoreELEC app that I found somewhere on this site. I install the aforementioned CoreELEC daily on a USB stick, copy sm1_s905x3_4g.dtb to the root folder and rename it dtb.img, pop it into a USB port on the TX3 and invoke the app to reboot, the plan being to copy remote.conf and vfd.conf to a SMB mount.

The activity light on the USB stick blinks but nothing on the display. I pull the power plug and the USB stick out and repower the box. Interestingly, it appears to boot at least to the extent that the VFD eventually shows the correct time but nothing on the display.

What can I try next?

Thanks

If you are saying that Android now only shows black screen when you pull out the CE USB
then i can tell you i had this happen to me on a TX3 Mini S905w 2gb/16gb.

Mine was running CE via SD Card and it happened to Android only.
CE was still booting via SD Card.

I reflashed Android Rom .

I haven’t been able to find an OEM ROM yet but will keep looking

Thanks

Have a look here https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s905x3/firmware-roms-tools-ds/812252-rom-tanix-tx3-4gb-32gb-amlogic-s905x3-slimbox-androidtv-9-build#post813536

I tried that in lieu of an OEM firmware but it did not work. All is not lost since CE still boots from a USB stick

Thanks

Found a copy of the OEM firmware, reinstalled it and now I can boot either Android or CE!

Thanks

This is likely not a TX3 question but I could not find an answer using the search term ceemmc

I was able to use ceemmc successfully with the -x option, rebooted into CE, marvelled at the high responsiveness of the UI and used the power menu to reboot into Android. Everything worked there too.

I had an Android app that rebooted into LibreELEC that worked with the SD installation but it rebooted me into Recovery. Oops!

The box now always boots into Android.

If I try holding down the reset button while applying power, it boots into Android Recovery.

How do I get it to boot into the internal CE installation?

Thanks

You can try to boot with a uSD with CoreELEC again and then shutdown, remove the uSD and see if it boots to CoreELEC in your emmc installation.
When everything is fine, you can boot to CE from android just by normally rebooting.

I reinstalled Android and everything now works as you described. I suspect the app I used to reboot from Android back to CE borked something.

Thanks

Hey, did you get power,mute,mouse button working with this?

EDIT. Nevermind I got it working. Here is the remote.conf for anyone struggling to get Power and Mute button working on TX3 Remote…
remote.conf (3.2 KB)

Is the temperature in this box too high? I am thinking of acquiring it.

I do not want to create a new thread so I post it here.

My TV Box:
Tanix TX3 4GB,32GB Amlogic S905X3 2.4G/5GHz Dual Wifi BT 4.2

Details from PCB:
CS_905X3_TX95_B4_QZ_V1.2 (So this a QZ version of the Board)

PCB Pic Link: https://ibb.co/zbqW5HH

WIFI / BLUETooth Chip:
SP6330
ZX190906

Image Used: CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2.5-Generic.img.gz
DTB Used: sm1_s905x3_4g_1gbit.dtb
Sound, BT, Ethernet, Wifi, IR remote all works.

dmesg from coreelec is here:
http://ix.io/2Lee

Regards

Is this the box you guys are talking about?

TANIX TX3 ALICE UX 4 GB / 32 GB Amlogic S905x3

It´s listed with 100M instead of 1GiG?

can any1 explain pls?

Hello , I use TX3 S905X3 4GB RAM 32GB ROM 2.4G 5G WiFi and works fine except I cannot use audio on buetoth or on jack 3.5 is that normal?

can you help me how to configure audio bluetooth

I just received my TX3. 4GB ram, 32GB storage. According to my switch, it’s a gigabit connection. According to fast.com in Android, it’s a gigabit connection (It did 350 mbit).

But … when I use the sm1_s905x3_4g_1gbit.dtb device tree, it boots to Android recovery, when I use the sm1_s905x3_4g.dtb device tree, I have no ethernet. Is there another devicetree I could use?

edit: got it working somehow? I changed the dtb.img afterwards and then ethernet worked? Did an iperf test and it went up to 800 mbit. Even ceemmc tool works. Happy user!

can you send the modify dtb.img to me? or how to changed the dtb.img.
Thanks

I didn’t change anything really. With the 1gbit dtb my Android box failed to boot. I installed CoreElec with the sm1_s905x3_4g.dtb file (not to internal yet), removed the SD card, replaced the dtb.img to sm1_s905x3_4g_1gbit.dtb as dtb.img and CoreElec booted normally, but now with a working gigabit ethernet port. Later I used cemmc -x to install it to the internal storage.