Coreelec on Tanix TX3 S905X3

You can try to boot with a uSD with CoreELEC again and then shutdown, remove the uSD and see if it boots to CoreELEC in your emmc installation.
When everything is fine, you can boot to CE from android just by normally rebooting.

I reinstalled Android and everything now works as you described. I suspect the app I used to reboot from Android back to CE borked something.

Thanks

Hey, did you get power,mute,mouse button working with this?

EDIT. Nevermind I got it working. Here is the remote.conf for anyone struggling to get Power and Mute button working on TX3 Remoteā€¦
remote.conf (3.2 KB)

Is the temperature in this box too high? I am thinking of acquiring it.

I do not want to create a new thread so I post it here.

My TV Box:
Tanix TX3 4GB,32GB Amlogic S905X3 2.4G/5GHz Dual Wifi BT 4.2

Details from PCB:
CS_905X3_TX95_B4_QZ_V1.2 (So this a QZ version of the Board)

PCB Pic Link: https://ibb.co/zbqW5HH

WIFI / BLUETooth Chip:
SP6330
ZX190906

Image Used: CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2.5-Generic.img.gz
DTB Used: sm1_s905x3_4g_1gbit.dtb
Sound, BT, Ethernet, Wifi, IR remote all works.

dmesg from coreelec is here:
http://ix.io/2Lee

Regards

Is this the box you guys are talking about?

TANIX TX3 ALICE UX 4 GB / 32 GB Amlogic S905x3

ItĀ“s listed with 100M instead of 1GiG?

can any1 explain pls?

Hello , I use TX3 S905X3 4GB RAM 32GB ROM 2.4G 5G WiFi and works fine except I cannot use audio on buetoth or on jack 3.5 is that normal?

can you help me how to configure audio bluetooth

I just received my TX3. 4GB ram, 32GB storage. According to my switch, itā€™s a gigabit connection. According to fast.com in Android, itā€™s a gigabit connection (It did 350 mbit).

But ā€¦ when I use the sm1_s905x3_4g_1gbit.dtb device tree, it boots to Android recovery, when I use the sm1_s905x3_4g.dtb device tree, I have no ethernet. Is there another devicetree I could use?

edit: got it working somehow? I changed the dtb.img afterwards and then ethernet worked? Did an iperf test and it went up to 800 mbit. Even ceemmc tool works. Happy user!

can you send the modify dtb.img to me? or how to changed the dtb.img.
Thanks

I didnā€™t change anything really. With the 1gbit dtb my Android box failed to boot. I installed CoreElec with the sm1_s905x3_4g.dtb file (not to internal yet), removed the SD card, replaced the dtb.img to sm1_s905x3_4g_1gbit.dtb as dtb.img and CoreElec booted normally, but now with a working gigabit ethernet port. Later I used cemmc -x to install it to the internal storage.

Can you share a link to the OEM firmware?
I bricked my TX3 and need to re-install Android.

Thanks.

I didnā€™t save the link and have subsequently installed the SLIMBOX ROM using the USB cable method

https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s905x3/firmware-roms-tools-ds/812252-rom-tanix-tx3-4gb-32gb-amlogic-s905x3-slimbox-androidtv-9-build

Hi all, I have TANIX TX3 S905x3 4GB/64GB running with Slimbox ATV (sbx_tanix_tx3_qz_atv).
Now I want to change to Coreelec. I made SD card and also USB key with Coreelec, copied and renamed
sm1_s905x3_4g_1gbit.dtb to root. Tanix still doesnt want to boot by USB/SD. Please, what can I try?

Hallo

I have Tanix tx5 plus deluxe
Not sure if is qz or bz
Basically the same

Rename to dtb.img

Or go back and reread this Thread from start

Also maybe you do not have gigabit ethernet

Try other device tree blob

Happy Testing

Maybe anyone has an idea how to setup CEC Adapter settings to make the TANIX TX3 S905x3 4GB/64GB turn on automatically when I turn on the TV/Amplifier. It works the other way round perfectly fine, so if I start the Tanix the amplfier turns on and TV turns on, but not the other way round.

I used the EXACT same setup on my A95X F3 Air, and it did work. I literally took the SD card and booted from it on the Tanix.

Running latest Nexus 20.1.

EDIT: I now reset CEC settings to default and I assume itā€™s working now.