CoreELEC update, kodi / system settings

By below it is stated how to update CoreELEC which is great. See my question or help needed:

1. What will happen to my settings within KODI or even system such as network drive mounting (used in KODI / TVheadend for recording), KODI addons, video library, individual skin settings via XML or any other related. Is it stays after I update via below procedure ? If not, any suggestion how to update and restore the settings (KODI / system) ?

2. Does the update also consider installtointernal command ? My system is on internal flash rather than SD / USB card. Am I able to update ?

Updating

Download file with .tar extension.

Copy the .tar file to the /storage/.update folder of your device and reboot to start the update process.

Replace any references to LibreELEC with CoreELEC and instances of LE with CE in the
following guides for more details;

Using Samba shares 38 or Using command line (SSH) 38

Note: You must be using a device tree from 28-10-2017 or later. You can check it by running this command: cat /proc/device-tree/le-dt-id. If this command gives you device tree name, you have all that is needed for an automatic dtb update.

We don’t know if you are already using CoreElec ?
Or are you coming from LibreElec ?

We don’t know if you are already using CoreElec ?
Or are you coming from LibreElec ?

I am running CoreELEC already, version 8.90.4, as mention previously already installed to internal memory (without SD/USB card).

Create a Backup externally.
Update and see what happens.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: TWRP questions

I usually backup the tar file to a back folder on the local storage, then use coreftp lite to copy that to my nas

I did update from 8.90.4 to 8.90.5 (S912 version) with system running from internal memory, new version tar file was copied to update folder and system rebooted, results as follow:

• KODI and all the system settings remains from 8.90.4
  • System keeps booting as with 8.90.4, from internal memory

Reference picture showing successful update process

[Removed] (Please re-read )
Anybody has an answer ?

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: TWRP questions