Corelec or leaving android

he hello is it better or faster to run kodi in corelec or is kodi in android faster and when i run kodi from sd card will it be slower then from internal thanks for help me

Is this a question?
Try it and you’ll see it. CoreELEC is a simplified (Just enough) OS for running Kodi. Choose a good SD card and there will be no problem with speed.

For my hardware 905X Amlogic Quad Core 64bit, Android 6.0 was sloooooooow in everything including Kodi v17.1. So happy now that I installed CoreELEC to the internal memory & got rid of Android. Kodi runs quicker & a lot more stable. Cheers.

1 Like

thanks a lot i will try again to get corelec installed on my box but it is a little difficult on this mecool but thanks for the feedback

It’s worth the effort, Kodi on Android is just horrible.

Even running CoreELEC on a decent SD card (Sandisk Ultra or above) Kodi will run MUCH better than Android on internal.

well i have finaly corelec working from my sd card with help from scott martin a friend from facebook but now i dont have a working remote and i hope i could find a working file that i can put in the box but i really dont understand how to do it on the easy way becausi it looks difficult for me please what is the easy way to get my remote work for this m8s pro l thanks for helping me its getting better everea day

I’m sorry I can’t help. I am very ill, all the information is in the original post.

1 Like

get well
:smile:

1 Like

You just need to execute the following command to add support for the original remote the mecool device came with:
echo "meson-ir * mecool" > /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg

hope you get better very soon bubblegum and relkai shout i do this with putty and yust give that command and thats it will my remote works then would be great thanks a lot

Yes, that’s right. Just connect to your device using puTTY, enter the above command and reboot your box.

well i think i have this question dubbel posted but anyway that didnt work i put the command in with putty than hit the key enter on my keybord and then the command reboot. the box reboot but no keys from the remote works any idee

You are asking for the same help on two topics!

yes thats my fold i already told it above letss close this one thanks for helping me i will contiyou on the other topic grtz