Crashes when trying to play 4K remux on Amlogic S905X3 device

Hello,

First, thanks for making CoreELEC. I’ve installed v20.1-Nexus on an Amlogic S905X3 device via a micro SD card (class 10). And I used device tree: sm1_s905x3_4g_1gbit.

The installation was smooth. But when I try to play 4k remux mkv files from an external hard drive via USB, my device shuts down.

I’m able to play regular 1080p HEVC mkv files from CoreELEC on the same device and the same hard drive.

My device is also able to play the same 4K files on its stock Android OS.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

How is your external hard drive powered? What is the temperature of the SoC when box crushes?
Any advice cannot be given without more info about your problem. Next step for you is to collect and upload debug logs which usually point to possible problem:
https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:debuglogs

Thanks for your prompt response.

The hard drive is powered via an external adapter.

The CPU temperature is 56 degree celsius (133 fahrenheit).

I followed the debugging instructions on the Wiki. But when I try to “upload latest Kodi log and configs,” it says “failed to paste log files, try again.” Trying again results in the same error message.

However, I am able to “upload latest Kodi crash log and configs.” Would this be enough? The link is: ix.io/4td4

Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.