Denon and Panasonic Non-supported remotes

Hi,
Is it possible to record raw signals for remote controls that ir_ keytable doesn’t recognize?

I have laying around Panasonic and Denon remotes that none of the protocols are recognizing.

Thanks,
AlleyCat

You can use the following how to

Allow me to explain,

ir_keytable recognizes most of the buttons in the DVD options. The responding protocol is the JVC protocol. A few keys like EXIT or VOLUME + and - are not returning any codes.

None of the TV/VCR/DBS/CBL buttons is being recognized. It looks like the protocol for these keys is not supported, because most of the DVD keys are working well.

My Denon remote doesn’t work at all with any of the protocols.

My system is an Odroid C2, running CoreElec 9.02

1. Can I teach ir_keytable raw commands (similar to LIRC)?
  2. How can I test raw commands? irw returns an errors and will not work
  3. Can I enable ir_keytable to recognize the keys that don’t work?
  4. I used method 1 and got most of the keys to work. I am looking to recognize the remaining keys, and perhaps other remotes (e.g. Denon)
  5. I cannot find any further instructions “below”. Perhaps I am looking at the wrong place. Can you please be more specific?
  6. What is amremote? Is it a plug-in? What repository to look for it? Would it recognize protocols that ir_keytable can’t recognize?

ir-keytable
Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event2) with:
Driver: meson-ir, table: rc-empty
lirc device: /dev/lirc0
Supported protocols: lirc rc-5 jvc sony nec sanyo mce_kbd rc-6
Enabled protocols: lirc rc-5 jvc sony nec sanyo mce_kbd rc-6
Name: meson-ir
bus: 25, vendor/product: 0000:0000, version: 0x0000
Repeat delay = 120 ms, repeat period = 100 ms

Thanks,
AlleyCat

I’m in the same situation with Panasonic remote.

Hope there is a fix for this unsupported remotes.

Everything you need is in the guide.

You can record JVC type codes with ir-keytable -p NEC,RC-5,RC-6,JVC,SONY -t

When you are writing your map file you need to also specify type: JVC.

Thanks for reply. I just have time to try this but it still has no responses with Panasonic remote.

I just want to configure this to replace CEC function because sometimes CEC stop working after changing back and forth to other hdmi sources.

But I have a workaroud. I can set a button of other remote just for restarting kodi with keymap and then CEC will start working again without restarting the whole system.

i can confirm that panasonic and denon remotes button presses are not detected when running aforementioned command (i’ve event tried adding all other supported protocols on odroid n2) = no results from ir-keymap. other tested remotes (odroid n2, espon worked)
tested all by using original remotes and also as mapped to harmony remote

Use ir-keytable -u
It will use the multi-protocol-software decoder IRMP. Maybe this will show the received commands.