Destroying bootloader

Hello, i have a small question. i think, i have destroy my bootloader of Beelink w95 box (s90w). I can’t install coreelec to my nand because, i have destroy with parted my partition. I can start coreelec with sd card, but the start takes about 15-20 minutes. After that, i have a picture and all works very fine.
If i want installtoninternal, i get the error, thats my partition are note correct (boot,system data). With a nand dtb (gxl212_2g_nand), the box wont start. It’s start with gxl212_2g_slowmmc or gxl_p281_2g. I think i must build a new uboot.bin. and have found this site.

but how can i build a new u-boot.bin for a S905w box with 2 gb ram and 16 GB flash?
Or is the problem easier to solve?

Does your device still boot up with no sdcard?

No, there is an kernel error and the boot stops.

Ok then you have not destroyed your u-boot, you would not see any kernel error if this was the case.

ok, thats fine. And now?

You will have to use Amlogic usb burning tool and the original ROM to repair your internal partitions.

Thats the problem, my windows don’t find the box. Run the driver only in windows 7/8.1? I have windpows 10. I can install the driver . But if i use the usb burning tool, nothing happen. The same with usb card maker. There are only errors with store.

Just use the Burn Card Maker. Important - make sure that the original Android Image contains the meson1.dtb file, which is required by the u-boot to initialize the internal flash memory, otherwise the burning process will fail at approx. 7%.

i don’t know why, but with a other usb port (from Mainboard) i have connection to the box and can flash via usb burning tool. Now i have reburn the original firmware and can install coreelec. I’m happy because i have a running box.

Hi everyone and sorry for my english! Need some help here! I own a mecool m8s pro+, no reset button on board. Have installed Coreelec on internal, working fine. However, i decided to reinstall stock android but no succes. Windows not recognizing the box, tried different burning tool versions. No matter which usb port i use on both sides. Any ideas or experience? Thanks in advance!

I have m8s pro and the reset button was only accessible by removing the casing, I’m not sure if it’s the same on the m8s pro+? May be worth having a look, it’s only 4 small Philips screws holding it together

Thanks Wizzi, already opened the box, no reset button. Unfortunately not that type.

If there’s not a reset button, sometimes they have the pins labled for it and just did not include the button. If not that, then you will need to short the nand before applying power and you will more than likely need a usb cable to restore with amlogic tool.

Maybe yours has the reset button
hidden inside the AV port
See the video.

@kemuri78, i have run into this several times in the past with other amlogic devices.

You have several options:

• If it is booting, then you can grab the TWRP recovery appropriate for the box and write it back using terminal. This is probably going to be your best option without having Amlogic USB burning tool and USB cable.
    dd if="/pathto/recovery.img" of="/dev/recovery" bs=64K status=none && sync
    Afterwards, issue reboot recovery
    If that is not working, there is a chance that your bootloader got locked or modified.

• You can use Amlogic SD burning tool to prep a restore SD card. You will need the original firmware or one known to be compatible for this to work. The other stipulation I have come across with this is that the device would have to still be able to boot from SD. Depending on the state of the bootloader, you may or may not be able to.

• If all else fails, you can open it again and connect via UART. Without pictures, I wouldn’t be able to tell you anything more than this. By doing so, you have hardware level root access. You can interrupt UBOOT and issue the commands necessary to repair it. (refer to Amlogic uBoot documentation)

Keep in mind that I am only a member here, but I have had my share of experiences with Amlogic devices and flashing. Maybe sometime I will write an in depth posting on all of this. If someone else wants to start it, be kind and give credit where it’s due.

1 Like

Hi i played last time with my wetek hub and i think i bricked it hard :slight_smile: when i try to put system on emmc, nothing works for me. Device turn blue light but nothing on screen. I try use nand sd installation, usb with different soft but looks like device dont wanna run at all.

Last hope was uart, but on uart i get loop and nothing more:

GXBB:BL1:08dafd:0a8993;FEAT:EDFD718C;POC:3;RCY:0;EMMC:0;READ:0;CHK:17A;SD:800;USB:8;LOOP:1

Help will be appreciated cause wetekforum ans sources of restore files are down, maybe someone have in archive files i could use

your bootloader got removed. just download a vendor Android image from somewhere and create a recovery uSD by Burncardmaker. Insert this uSD afterwards and power on the device. It should automatic start loading the recovery.

i wanna try that, but cant find image for burncardmaker, most firmware are ota zip and as i said wetekforums is down, maybe someone have vendor image for wetek hub :slight_smile:

EDIT 1:

I try many thing, but without img file its impossible for me. Somewhere i read to try compatible image from other device, i downloaded Minix Neo U1 .img file S905 but 2GB ram, i get:

GXBB:BL1:08dafd:0a8993;FEAT:EDFD718C;POC:3;RCY:0;EMMC:0;READ:0;CHK:17A;SD:0;READ:0;CHK:0;
TE: 168996
no sdio debug board detected

BL2 Built : 13:55:05, Jan 28 2016.
gxb g3625dd5 - xiaobo.gu@droid05

Board ID = 1
set vcck to 1100 mv
set vddee to 1100 mv
CPU clk: 1536MHz
DDR channel setting: DDR0 Rank0+1 diff

Looks like ram problem, wetek hub has 1GB only.

EDIT 2:
I found A95X-S905-1GB-8GB image, and successfully put on wetek hub, i have only problem to enter recovery i used app with option to boot to recovery, put CWM, disable certification and device check in script and install wetek rom, device alive :slight_smile:

1 Like

HI, Can Someone help me to understand how I can check if an Android image contains the meson1.dtb file.
CoreElec boots and runs perfectly on my device but I cannot install any rom on the device as I keep getting the error at 7 percent, where uboot fails to initialise the flash memory.

Is it possible to use the dtb file from coreElec in an Android image?

No, you just need to be sure the ROM you have is for your device.