Disabling inputstream adaptive on startup

Cutting a longer story short, I started to get too many box lockups, sometimes requiring a restore.

In my investigation to discover that the key cause may be, inputstream adaptive showed itself to be the likely candidate.

So to investigate further, I disabled it, which is fine, except that it automatically enables itself upon every boot, so I have to remember to disable it manually.

Is there a command that I can enter into autostart.sh to disable it automatically?

I don’t want to uninstall it because there are scenarios where it needs to be enabled for certain functionality.

I tried using JSON-RPC but could not get it to work.

Try this json command

'{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Addons.SetAddonEnabled","params":{"addonid":"inputstream.adaptive","enabled":false},"id":1}'

Thanks.

I get the following error.

I looked around to see if there was some form of service/addon to enable Jasonrpc but could not see anything.

I only show you the json data to be used. But this is not complete command: look here JSON-RPC API - Official Kodi Wiki

curl -s -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -d '{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Addons.SetAddonEnabled","params":{"addonid":"inputstream.adaptive","enabled":false},"id":1}' http://kodi_ip:8080/jsonrpc

I had read that but could not see how anything linked to the command example.

It is clearly above my head, so I will stick to doing it manually.

Thanks for your help.

you have complete command on post above… curl is program executed (needs to be present) and you just need correct kodi IP and port in commandline

Edit: I just checked, and curl should be present in CE (not sure if system tools or such addon needs to be installed). So you could use that command in autostart on CE box.

Thats being said, maybe would be worth digging more WHY inpustream adaptive behave badly, as its quite standard and widely used…

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.