Does the TVHeadend addon support being a SAT>IP server?

Hi guys, before I waste too much more time on this I want to check if the the TVHeadend addon for CoreELEC actually supports being a SAT>IP server?

I have a Mecool KIII Pro, running CoreELEC (official): 9.2.4.2 and HTS Tvheadend 4.2.8-36 ~ CoreELEC Tvh-addon v9.2.123.

The KIII Pro has a DVB-S2 and a DVB-T2 tuner. I was using it for my TV viewing up until recently but have now moved to a different TVH server. What I would like to do is share out the built in DVB tuners to the new TVHeadend server via SAT>IP. I already have another SAT>IP device that is picked up by the new TVH server but I am seeing some issues with the KIII Pro which makes me wonder if the TVH Addon does not have the server functionality? When I enable the SAT>IP server by setting the port to 9983 and setting the number of exported tuners to 1 DVB-S2 and 1 DVB-T2 the screen reloads but then nothing happens. Normally I would be able to go to http://hostname:9981/satip_server/desc.xml and that is what I would load into the other TVH server but /satip_server/desc.xml does not exist on the KIII Pro. I just get a 404 not found error. HTTP/1.1 GET /satip_server/desc.xml – 404
Any advice?

Thanks

Have you tried the minisatip addon? That was the way I shared some USB tuners to my tvh server.

It seems it is intended to be possible, but privileges to ports maybe an issue:

Shoog

1 Like

Thanks @Vasco for the suggestion, I was not even aware of that addon. Just curious, does Kodi need to be running to use this addon or is it a service like TVH? Right now I dont use Kodi, so I usually do a systemctl stop Kodi after a reboot in the autostart file.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.