Dolby Vision for Minix U22X-J (Max) and Ugoos AM6+

1. Yes

2. Can you pair the remote. If you can pair and then it unpairs upon reboot, do a hard reset.

3. Try playing the file directly from a USB drive or via a network share. PlexMod4Kodi has issues.

4. What is the audio problem? Static in the channel? No sound?

… there’s no issue with PM4K. I’ve been using that since 20.3-ng-dv. In the PM4K thread many others are using that with the Am6b+. No issue.

Even in the “problem” log that was posted above, PM4K did everything it was supposed to.

It took the webstream generated from Plex server, and passed the URL onto the internal player to open. That’s the extent of PM4K’s involvement. What the internal player did with the webstream after has nothing to do with PM4K anymore.

1 Like

Has CEC improved and/or does anyone have any thoughts on what might be necessary for this to improve?

CEC can’t be improved since the bootloader is encrypted and bl301 blob can’t be installed. Suspend gives me problems so I configured the box to shutdown with the TV and let home assistant send a WOL packet to turn on with my reciever.

1 Like

Tbf, CEC control is about the buggiest hot mess in home AV, IME.

Long live Logitech Harmony remotes! i’m clinging onto mine as long as I can, and hoping Logitech doesn’t shutdown the sync/programming infrastructure anytime soon.

1 Like

This is my remote.conf for the UR-01. Basically the red power button is discrete on, and the black power button is the discrete "off (or rather suspend):

work_mode     = 0
repeat_enable = 1
repeat_delay  = 130
repeat_peroid = 120
release_delay = 20
debug_enable  = 1

custom_begin
		factory_code	= 0xff000001

key_begin
				0x14 143 #wakeup
				0xff 116 #power
				0x13 139 #menu
				0x03 103 #up
				0x02 108 #down
				0x0e 105 #left
				0x1a 106 #right
				0x07 28  #ok
				0x58 114 #volume-
				0x0b 115 #volume+
				0x01 158 #back
				0x48 102 #home
				0x5c 164 #play/pause
		key_end
custom_end

The default remote.conf, the red power button is Power (on/off) and the black power button isn’t even mapped:

1 Like

So could this be fixed if we pleaded with Ugoos to decrypt the bootloader or make fixes this community could provide? They seem reasonably responsive

I’m having some trouble with Profile 5 Dolby Vision on 21.0.

On some content (Shogun), it’s stutters, and gets worse when the OSD is called on screen. On other DV 5 content (Three-Body, not NF version), I get the DolbyVision logo, but the screen is completely black. Even the OSD does not show. Audio continues to play but video stays black.

Logs:

https://paste.coreelec.org/EQJWON

Edit2: Capturing a better debug log.

https://paste.coreelec.org/h6WRTF

If the bootloader was unlocked the cec fix could be injected. Send them an email. Hell I’ll do the same. It’s unlikely they unlock the bootloader again but who knows.

1 Like

Which platforms or ways to contact them are they the most responsive in

Boot encrypt is a SOC feature that is enabled with an efuse, once it’s enabled it can’t be disabled. An unencrypted bootloader won’t load on a SOC with boot encrypt enabled.

So what we need is a bootloader with the features we need, which they most certainly won’t be bothered with.

Watch. I wouldn’t be surprised if popping that fuse irrevocably disables DV support within the SOC.:joy:

Wouldn’t put it past Dolby to make such a draconian requirement to get it…

1 Like

Is the bootloader encrypted on the minux U22-xj boxes as well?

No, in Minix U22X-J Max we can use inject bl301

Too bad they are impossible to find now. :smiling_face_with_tear:

I posted on their forum the latest developments with CoreELEC and suggested that they should bring back the device. Do the same :wink:

1 Like

if you mean that minix will produce u22-xj max…they will not. they totally stopped with android media boxes of any kind. not even software/firmware updates

they now only produce mini comouters, like minisforum. i.e. windows small size computers.

Yeah, I know. It would be nice if they had a warehouse with a couple of thousand forgotten devices.

There is a company, Pollywell Computers, that says if we can get an order of 1k, they can get them. Who’s got some spare change?