Dolby Vision for Minix U22X-J (Max) and Ugoos AM6+

My am6b+ arrived, loaded dual boot firmware on it and have it running.

Is there any way to expand internal memory allocated to CE? CE_Storage was created with 2.9GB size and my backup I want to restore is 7.5GB :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That’s probably one of the most heavily tested movies I’ve tried. Unique because it’s DV @ 59.94 hz, along with having lossless Atmos. As of the latest CE21 build it’s playing great on my Ugoos boxes. I

If you’re running Kodi at 3840x2160 and 59.94hz, try changing to 60hz to ensure it triggers a refresh rate switch (and set it to start/stop). And you need to make sure your setup can handle full bandwidth of HDMI 2.0b (~600Mhz).

Where I can find best dovi.ko file? :wink:

Here

After 1100+ posts, admittedly it’s bit hard to play catch-up in this thread :laughing:

Exactly this :frowning: It should be added to first post :wink:
Thanks a mill!

Do you know what’s the difference between dovi.ko that you linked to and the one provided by @YadaYada (YadaYada’s dovi.ko)?
MD5 hashes are different.

You’ve just solved @borygo 's request with your question. That’s the right thread about the dovi.ko from external sources.

1 Like

@speedy seen you on the Infuse threads. Is DV Profile 8 on Infuse really native on the recent Infuse version and we should see no difference in playing DV Profile 8 files on Infuse and Ugoos?

Thank you very, very much. Changing the HDMI cable solved my problem.

What’s the preferred mode
Use Player Led should be on or off? :wink:

I’m not seeing this with my Apple TV, just with CE.

Interesting. Sounds similar but not identical.

The Ugoos is really great, and I can verify that FEL works (seeing the woman with the camera in EL_BL). All DV content I have plays, but I want to make sure this is right - when I’m playing DV content, it’s 8 bit RGV but BT.709.

Is that right? Shouldn’t it be 2020?

For non DV content I’m seeing 12 bit YCbCr.

Having the BT.709 or BT.2020 flag does not seem to affect the image quality. It used to be set to BT.2020 by default, but then that was removed from the code. Now it is set to BT.709 by the video source. There is a command line option to manually set the flag to BT.2020 somewhere in this long thread. Again, it doesn’t seem to matter.

1 Like

Player led off.

1 Like

For the colour flag it depends on your display/TV if older then maybe worth your while checking, see which you prefer if you see an actual difference if not then just don’t worry about it.

The TV model is less than 2 years old, so probably no older by your definition.
How do I change this in order to test?

echo Y > /sys/module/hdmitx20/parameters/dovi_tv_led_bt2020 via ssh

1 Like

Should only use player led if your TV doesn’t support TV Led. Iirc TVs that claim DV support whilst only supporting player led I think may actually only be Sony TVs? My A8H is one such example.

TV led otherwise is superior to player led, because simply put in context: your TV knows what’s best for itself.

@DudeShemesh btw the EL layer from that popular FEL test video is actually the opening to Mortal Engines :wink:

To add what @Astrotrain said it’s convenient to add that line to /storage/.config/autostart.sh

1 Like

Yep two years is new for me :grinning: extremely likely flag will make no difference LG 6/7/8/9 era then would check.

1 Like