Dolby Vision for Minix U22X-J (Max) and Ugoos AM6+

slimtvbox firmware for minix has modified firmware for minix, it is based of ugoos firmware. meaning you run minix like ugoos.

google for slimboxtv ru

What ? my am6+ booted from sd and then moved all thing to emmc…

So with price being the same preference would be Minix u22xj max over am6b+?

@GreyFoxRTX parotecsolutions quoted me £150 delivered.

They haven’t gotten back to me. Probably because I’m in Texas.

On a side note, if anyone knows how to get rclone on these devices I’ll really appreciate your help here:Help install rclone on omega21.

Thank you.

So after a lot of research, it boils down to this

1. Minix U22-XJ
    Storage: 32GB eMMC
    Bluetooth: V4.1
    Power: 5V/3A
    Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 5
    RAM:4GB LPDDR4
    Bootloader: Not locked
    Problems: Device restarting issue caused by attaching an HDD Or SSD
    Price ?

2. Minix U22-XJ MAX
    Storage: 64GB eMMC
    Bluetooth: V5.0
    Power: 12V/3A
    Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 6
    Bootloader: Not locked
    U22-XJ Max resolved this problem of the device restarting issue caused by attaching an HDD or SSD which the Minix U22-XJ model could not fix.
    Price: ?

3 AM6B Plus
Storage: 32GB eMMC
Bluetooth: V5.0
Power: 5V/2A
Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 6
Bootloader: Locked
Price £125

So, I am waiting on a price of the Minix U22-XJ MAX and Minix U22-XJ but will not get that till Monday. Depending on Price it looks like the Minix U22-XJ MAX or AM6B Plus as all i want is to run Kodi and that’s all which will basically play every file known to man with now fully supported all 4k Dolby vision formats and should no longer worry about playing back 4k DV or HDR movies like you get from discs using disc players.

Q1. I don’t suppose the locked bootloader would make a Hugh difference nothing that would stop you apart from using these extra remotes?

Q2. how are parotecsolutions the only ones selling these now if the box is no longer in production or do they get them made just for their company???

Q3 The AM6B Plus have the same problem as the Minix U22-XJ with the Device restarting issue caused by attaching an HDD Or SSD as they seem to have the same Voltage and noticed the MAx uping to 12v prob to be able to run them?

I will let you know what prices i am looking at on monday but do you think the Minix U22-XJ MAX are worth and not only that

thanks all

1 Like

Did you investigate the offer for MINIX NEO U22-XJ Max on Alibaba ?

Minimum order is 2 sets…

1 Like

I got the Ugoos for £137 delivered from that ugoos store link, took about a week to arrive to the UK.

thanks but there is a seller in the uk that sells the Minix U22-XJ MAX so wating to see the price otherwise might as well go for the AM6B Plus as the locked boot loader would not really matter as i have been told its more for third part remotes or something.

did you get it from this store
Ugoos AM6B Plus 2024 - Mini PC TV Box Store

thanks
you had time to test the Dolby vision in kodi ?

Yes, it was from there.

Yes, DV seems to work fine for me

at last i bet , lol been looking for the holy grail for a long time for Dolby vision as i rip my collections to a server and wanted a 4k tv and hated the idea that i could not use all the dolby vision formats

i am wating to see the price of the minix if there to much in my location i will just get it where you got yours i think

I cannot import from Ugoose store (Canada?) nor from UK store without paying full customs duties for EU import, which is about +60% in declared prices in my county.
Importing from Aliexpress.com is no problem for me since full custom duties are already included in declared price.

I bought the amb6+ and followed all the instructions to get it working, but it only shows a green tint over the picture. When starting the movie, it shows the DV flag and i can see in the tv menu’s that it switched over to DV dark mode, as intended.

Using the following setup:
Panasonic GZ950 Oled
Denon 3500H AVR
21.0 omega

Log file during playback:
https://paste.coreelec.org/UEom8t

TV has NO issues using the UHBD player and DV content.

Already tried:

• Moving to latest nightly build
  • Straight to TV connection
  • Other HDMI cables.

So what is it that iam doing wrong so i can get it to work?

you can enable player led
settings/system/coreelec enable use player led
also you can check dv capabilities over ssh

cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/dv_cap

Thanks, Player led seems to be working.

output from the command while playing via AVR:

DolbyVision RX support list:
VSVDB Version: V2
2160p60hz: 1
Support mode:
  LL_YCbCr_422_12BIT
IEEEOUI: 0x00d046
EMP: 0
VSVDB: eb0146d000440370805e7594

So what is the issue? :slight_smile:

Your AVR or TV does not support Display Led Dolby Vision.

AM6B+ does have 12V 2Amps power supply.
Have 5TB 2.5" hdd attached and no restarts so far for 3 weeks…

I don’t think it’s bandwidth. It looks like a bug. I‘m having the same issue. I have the GUI at 4k60z and all DV content plays perfect, but wenn i disable GUI scaling and reboot, DV content doesn‘t play any more. The GUI is fine and looks perfect, but when i start a (only DV!) movie, only the top 5% of the screen shows the movie. On the rest of the screen there’s a one-color-block, that’s changes its colors with the movie. HDR content still performs without errors.