Dolby Vision for Minix U22X-J (Max) and Ugoos AM6+

I’m not sure that voting will have any effect. Portisch is fairly clear that they have no interest in developing support for 3D. Even as a person who loved 3D, I have to say that the format is fairly dead.

The macroblocking issue also indicates that the Amlogic code for supporting 3D has some serious issues. So even if the CoreELEC team manages to get 3D working, it would then need to spend even more dev time to correct the Amlogic code. It’s too much dev time for too little payoff, especially when there are far more pressing issues such as finalizing DV support, fixing an Amlogic bug that reencodes all non 4:4:4 content to BT.601, and so many more.

That being said, as Portisch mentioned, the CoreELEC team would love to merge a pull request that enables 3D support.

Instead of demanding or voting for whatever feature you want. Perhaps you should contribute to the CoreELEC project to make it happen?

Who’s demanding? Just added my vote. Isn’t this forum dedicated to ‘Development’? If I could code, I’d help. If there’s no interest in 3D with devs, totally get it.

There’s interest but not time. So we ask for help from the community. I think this DV developments show how much each one can contribute to make things better!

6 Likes

Past two nights the dreaded 12-bit RGB DV issue returned. After trying a few things I noticed my receiver lumped HDMI ports 4-6 together with the signal options (that common/popular standard/enhanced you may have seen). My CoreELEC box was connected to HDMI 6 so rewired to make it connected to HDMI 2. Issue went away so far–perhaps the 4-6 ports are special somehow?

It seems the majority of these types of issues that at least I’ve had, seem to be related to HDMI handshake issues, and another common means of getting around them is to use lower numbered HDMI Inputs–all 3 of my TVs (one with receiver, one with HDMI sound bar) have had some iteration of this. You’d think HDMI ports should be all the same in terms of capabilities but I guess not. And trying different HDMI ports may actually be a troubleshooting option to consider…

3 Likes

Are people still changing the dynamic buffer margin or leaving it at the default of 8 for DV playback?

This seemed to help on 21.0-pre releases, but not sure if this is still needed in 21 official

I haven’t changed anything and I’ve had zero issues with any DV content at all.

I think it depends on what vhipsets are involved in your av chain. My sony tv for example uses the new mediatek pentonic chip. you habe to set the ports to hdmi to enhanced to support the full bandwich of the hdmi ports and there are even more options to support vrr and/or dolby vision. Same with my older sony with the old mediatek. There are so many variables and dont forget about some bugs they may have (like some Denon avr’s with their hdmi 2.1 chipset. For testing I always connect the am6b+ directly to the tvvto minimize those error possibilitys

is this patch for vc1 included in 21.0-Omega dated April 9? I can’t find these settings.
Or is it only added to the night version?

Only in the nightlies.

My AM6+ should be arriving in the next several days, I’m trying to plan out everything so I can have the smoothest set up possible. I also use a Harmony (for a long as I can! CEC has never worked well for me…), and I see in your remote.conf there you have discreet on and off buttons which is great. How did you map those in the Harmony? I have added the AM6 (non plus, as I didn’t see the AM6+ in the database) in my Harmony set up, as I recall reading that that works, but it seems to only have a power toggle as an option not discreet power on and off buttons. Did you have to do custom mapping IR learning in the Harmony set up, or is there a trick I’m missing?

I have the AM6B+ running with my Harmony. Microsoft Media PC is what I’ve added from the Harmony database. Had some issues to get it to turn off and once I fixed those, I couldn’t turn it on hehe but eventually I got everything working. Have the CEC on, on the box.

1 Like

@PurplePlayer @rome1931 how fast did they dispatch order after ordering and how many days/weeks did it take to deliver?

I also ordered my AM6B+ from PlayTV on AliExpress. They shipped next day, took a little over a week to land at my door in southern US.

Haven’t experienced any issues at all with the new 21.0-OMEGA directly plugged into Sony A95L over the last few days. Great work CE team and all involved!

1 Like

10 days for delivery from PLAYTV.

1 Like

That’s the seller I purchased from. I’m assuming everything looked brand new and not second hand?

Mine arrived early! Got the basics set up but need more time to figure out stuff and do dime testing. Still played a couple of minutes of a few FEL profile 7 files! Seems to be working!

Yeah probably 10-14 days?

The “Ugoos X4Q Extra TV Box Android 11 4GB RAM 128GB ROM Amlogic S905X4-J” says it supports Dolby Vison. Can this work the same as the Ugoos AM6+?

Nope, it has no support for DoVi FEL or TV-led Dovi.