Dreambox Two (S922x) support?

Apparently this box is coming next month, after long period off announcement, in specification stay Coreelec support ( booting from sd card ) , ammong other things
Question for CE team, is that true, any contact from Dream Multimedia ?

1 Like

I have read some people where able to boot CE on DreamboxOne, no idea about DreamboxTwo.
Team CoreELEC do not own any hardware from Dreambox so I guess you will need to work this out by yourself.

Thanks for prompt answer

I dont own Dreambox Two, this question was for informational purposes

Greetings,

Will CELEC be certain in this box?

Best regards…

There is one group that seem to have taken CoreELEC code and made builds for the Dreambox One including tuner support. I asked on forums and I PM’d for source code and for cooperation and I never got any answer besides the person wanting to think about it.

So the straight answer is no. It will not be supported unless the source code is released.

3 Likes

Greetings,

Dear Ray my friend; What do you mean by open-source code?
So, what codes do you want?

Best regards…

Our code. Linux, CoreELEC + other changes to drivers.

1 Like

On a side note, we also asked the vendor, if their developers would work together with us to add official Dreambox Two support to CoreELEC and we never received an answer…not even a friendly “no”.

Maybe the postman did not ring twice :slight_smile:

dreambox two was supported, but unfortunately it has many shortcomings. The support is from Team dreamelite
http://images.dream-elite.net/DEP/index.php?dir=DREAMTWO/

Stupid question but why would you buy Dreambox (which is expensive device I think?) to run anything else on it?

1 Like