DroixS905X3 gig ethernet not only connecting at 100meg

Hi,

Just bought a DroixS905X3 box and have the device treesm1_s905x3_4g working fine, except its only connecting at 100meg. As I have a 900meg internet connection I really wanted it to connect at gig speed. I have it connected direct to my routers gig port…
When looking at the device trees there is a sm1_s905x3_4g_1gbit but that just wont boot at all. Is there anything I can do? I can connect to wifi but only on 2.4GHz so 144Mbps

What is the result of a speed test in Android … 100 or 1,000 Mb/s?

Not done a test but when in Android it was connecting (or said it was connecting)at 1GB- I assume you mean a speed test not in Coreelec but in the Android OS?

try as @JohnBoyz said already if you have gigabit in Android. like the description on Amazon says it have only 100MBit, not gigabit. if it have gigabit in Android boot into CE and post a dmesg log by:
dmesg | paste

Will give it a go later - BTW, the site I bought it from says its 1Gb, see the screenshotbox

DroiX X3 have only 100MBit

Bad copy paste then…

Have emailed them to see what they say - mightily dissapointed as I only bought it as my last box only has 10/100-would be as well to send it back to them!

Spec on their page also says gig@
Ethernet 10/100/1000M Ethernet Adapter (RJ45)

OMG
But You get only 100MBit.
Just another POC from china

Could you use a usb3 to gigabit Ethernet adapter. Only €8.00

Shoog

Good point! I have one of them lying about! And you are all correct, had it confirmed that its only 100meg, apparently they are in the process of updating the specs on the website…

Works a treat!

CoreELECcj:~ # ethtool eth1
Settings for eth1:
Supported ports: [ TP MII ]
Supported link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
1000baseT/Half 1000baseT/Full
Supported pause frame use: No
Supports auto-negotiation: Yes
Supported FEC modes: Not reported
Advertised link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
1000baseT/Full
Advertised pause frame use: Symmetric
Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
Advertised FEC modes: Not reported
Link partner advertised link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
1000baseT/Full
Link partner advertised pause frame use: Symmetric
Link partner advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
Link partner advertised FEC modes: Not reported
Speed: 1000Mb/s
** Duplex: Full**
Port: MII
PHYAD: 3
Transceiver: internal
Auto-negotiation: on
Supports Wake-on: pg
Wake-on: g
Current message level: 0x00000007 (7)
drv probe link
Link detected: yes

Download speed 132Mbps - Im only on 150Mbps at the moment, cant upgrade to 900 till Monday so this looks like its working as well as I can expect it to :grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.