DTB Recommendation for x96 max plus 2gb/16gb (I think)

I have had a few of these from amazon lately, they were sort of semi fake they were 32/4g but had 100mb network. I struggled to install CE using toothpick method would get the android robot. I even took a working install and put it into another box and it didn’t work ended up using a second sd Card and it worked. The last one I got to to work by going into android and selecting upgrade and pointing to a dummy zip file on the sdcard if I remember correctly. Also the last two I had were identifies as x96max-plus-A1 not _5 like yours. If you haven’t done so already try a different SDcard also I seem to remember to took about a min to boot the first time then rebooted.

PS have you tried upgrading the android first.

What is android robot? I install the terminal to boot it… nothing. I use
sd card
usb in the 2.0 and in the 3.0 slot.

Same android robot you get when you upgrade an android phone. I normally didn’t see it on these boxes until I got the last two.

how can i get like reboot recovery something like that from the terminal

Which

Option should I choose, the SD card is inside with 2gb 100mb Ethernet
Choose ext and was looking for the file to update headache…

Make it work
Update the box to slimbox rom then update using the USB .
Now I have an issue I want see the ce on my network using core ftp user root pass coreleec said password wrong the IMG I used is the last from the nightly any idea what is the password?

1 Like

Credentials should be OK, but iirc, by default, SSH is disabled, you need to enable it in CE settings…

I tried many things, changed the ip, and activated the smb user and password smb1 and smb3 I transferred the files using windows

But SSH and SMB are two different things. Did you enable SSH also?

Yes both enable

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.