DTS-HD MA passthrough

Noob here. I have installed CE on Beelink GT King Pro few days ago. I am using LG soundbar (SP8YA with rear speaker setup) and this android box is connected to soundbar’s HDMI input because my TV does not have e-ARC. Soundbar’s e-ARC output is connected to ARC input of the TV. It’s working fine with the appropriate DTB. Dolby Atmos and DTS:X shown on the display if play those files. TrueHD and DTS-HD also playing fine but not shown in the display, i have to press a button on the remote to find out the output codec. They are shown as Dolby Audio and DTS Audio, respectively.

The issue i have is DTS-HD MA output. For example I am seeing input dtshd-ma and pt-dtshd on the player tab. I have good surround coming out from the speakers but i am not sure its actually DTS-HD MA or its being down mixed to DTS-HD. Its also shown as DTS Audio. Can someone help to clear this? The soundbar is capable of playing DTS-HD MA input. Thanks.

a google search suggests that Master HD isn’t supported by ARC so I presume you just get the standard DTS instead.

Its true ARC in TV won’t decode HD sounds. My device connected to Soundbar, not TV. TrueHD, DTS:X works in this setup. Only DTS-HD Master Audio is being downmixed to DTS-HD and this is what I am talking about.

Is it selected in kodi audio settings?

Are you referring to the Audio Output? Yes, its selected.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.