Dynamic conversion of HDR10+ SEI to DV P8 NAL

update T8

Exposed some extra values in Player Process - not all are working (not had time to check deeper - but includes some key ones that are likely of interest!)

Add to your skin as you want - usage example:

DialogPlayerProcessInfo.xml (14.7 KB)

The Dolby Version Version (marjor and minor), Codec FourCC and Level appear not to be working.

It does though have the Profile e.g. 7.6 and 8.1 and the MEL/FEL identification, along with what VS10 mode and the bit depth.

Also found the CE head I was basing last few build on removed the libdovi so could not differentiate mel/fel - so think fel was not working (maybe someone can also help check the nightly), not sure when it changed - but added back in this build and quick check of BL_EL looks fine.

13 Likes

Your skin looks absolutely amazing. I’ve been dreaming of something like this. Do you think you can further update after CPM’s changes?

libdovi was removed a while back because there is no longer a need to convert Dolby Vision on -ng. Is there anyway to detect FEL/MEL without using libdovi?

Hehe, its not my skin, its original Estuary, which coming from CE. I just made some changes.
I will test cpm’s new values.

1 Like

As with all the changes cpm has done, libdovi can be readded in his build. I know that sometimes it’s more of a workload but as said previously things can be merged in main CE builds if there’s an effort towards that. We need help. That would benefit everyone but is not as fun, I get it.
I can guarantee everyone, being on the inside, that there’s just not enough time in a day, with the number of active devs we have, to push through this rapidly.
I just ask everyone to remember this is a community, please remember that. It’s not just what you bring, but how you bring it and how you deal with it.
Final line, the rest of the devs aren’t here just to rewrite others code to keep the standard, please all of you, help the community to reach its goal. With great power comes great responsibility.

4 Likes

Thanks @cpm
Sorry for asking but where should I put your “DialogPlayerProcessInfo.xml” ?
Thanks

Great job @frodo19 .
Thanks

First you have to use your “own” skin, and then put this file in “xml” folder of that skin.
In case you don’t use your own skin look at my post #179

Thank you. It works.

@cpm, thank you for this great addition.

I saw on another thread post that the ATEME bug was fixed on the nightlies. I am not sure if that is confirmed or not? In any case, if it was fixed on the nightlies, do you still have you fix for the ATEME bug on this version? and does this double fix creates any issues? Not sure how the nightlies fixed it (if it was done) compared how did you fixed it?

1 Like

Hi @Vasco I think it is still needed for ng otherwise everything will look to work but fel will play as mel, I have not loaded up the nightly to check but would be 99% certain that is the case

1 Like

Fix was confirmed on nightly ng by DMDreview it is the same code now merged into the mainline, and what is used in the T8 build.

2 Likes

So you have to get the .zip for the skin you use, overwrite this and then install skin from that zip instead of repository?

Is that right?

Thanks, I will play with your newest working strings, how to insert those,
in the playerprocessinfo.
:+1:

Great :slight_smile: Plenty of new useful and relevant info at the touch of a button :clap:

Oops I had missed this, thank you! Ignore my post above.

Tried the BL_EL sample and Saving Private Ryan and everything seems fine.

1 Like

Tested on the last cpm’s build, used TV-LED, and set some vs10 setting…
Here are screenys…

Here is the modificated skin… These new values are not present/empty in the current nightly. It is not perfect, Im sure…Use it, at your risk :slight_smile:
Thank you @cpm

3 Likes

Is there someone who could incorporate the extra info in the DialogPlayerProcessInfo.xml file of the Arctic: Zephyr 2 - Resurrection Mod skin located here:

I’m not an experienced skinner and I’m struggling to understand the format of the XML file.

@cpm, Thanks for all your hard work. Your builds are awesome and I’ve been using them for a while now. Unfortunately, the Convert Dolby Vision for compatibility option is missing from Settings / Player / Video menu for me on the last 4 builds. Any way you could restore that option to your latest build as I need to convert to 8.1?

P7 FEL content will not play on my old TCL 55P607 TV. P7 MEL seems to play just fine, but FEL outputs weird colors and pixelation making it unwatchable. AM6B+ is connected directly to the TV and the TV inputs are set to HDMI2 mode. I’ve tried every HDMI input and multiple high speed and ultra high speed certified cables, but no luck.