Dynamic conversion of HDR10+ SEI to DV P8 NAL

Latest Stable 21.1.1 is safest way to go.

I was using older version from 08/04 ,then letting it update to latest nightly
That was before cpm T8

Before adding cpm tar file
Build your CoreELEC/addons etc.
Test All functions/Dolby Vision etc.

I have Samsung TV’S ,and only one Dolby Vision TV

CoreELEC on its own works great with Dolby Vision compatible TV

1 Like

You and me both, I can’t find anything about it.

Great job again. The only data missing is the video bitrate fo mkv’s. Well we cant have all, Thanks @frodo19

Yes, its kodi issue. In the mp4 it shown.

1 Like

Read back in time
Post 317 arnd
cpm repo / github

If T8 working fine
Dont always need latest

Post 317 not 117
Oooops

1 Like

But that’s just a link. I guess you mean look at the commits?

A1 is the latest version found here

I looked at the commits but it’s not too clear to me exactly what improvements are being made. Changelog?

Follow the link
Download A1

Not sure if cpm has change log from T8 posted

T8 Changelog was posted. I’m asking about A1.

I meant A1 changes since T8 change log

If all is good with your setup
You dont need A1

Iam still using T8 no issues

1 Like

OK Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you, much appreciated.

@cpm, I cannot find any explanation text accompanying your latest A1 build

Edit: strike that, because of my wrong assumption.

I don’t think that @cpm released A1 but @bluesea if you check GitHub.

OK, got confused about starter, sorry, but question remains: how it differs from CPM-T8?

See CPM’s explanation

More minor fixes as not really working on this now, mainly placed up for sharing with my friends circle who use this, ok for anyone to use as long as no expectations are placed on the CE team.

• Does not force an update resolution if the DV mode is not changing on playing content. (DV Mode: On issue)

• Corrects for some of the exposed Player Process Info values, like bl compatibility, and the profile (current skins where/are scrapping the profile value from the dolby vision codec - another value I setup which also contains the profile in its string - that’s probably fool proof given the possible values of a dolby vision codec but not the best way if have specific value), rpu present, el present, level etc.

• More correctly sets the DV info for HDR10+ conversion - no change to actual picture quality.

• Improves some logging

4 Likes

So got a few minutes to check the code and log further, and the mystery deepens I can see it correctly setting the output for DV each time a DV file is played, for example:

Sep 22 15:42:06 CoreELEC kernel: hdmitx: hdmitx_set_vsif_pkt: type=1, tunnel_mode=1, signal_sdr=0

which lines up with the mode switch I put in place from the kodi side before the update resolution (unfortunately the kernel side logging is setup to only second precision could do with having --output=short-precise set)

type 1 is: EOTF_T_DOLBYVISION
tunnel_mode 1 is: RGB_8BIT

Needs more investigation to see why it then thinks 12 bit is then a good idea! If cannot replicate and chase down probably need to create a new build with more logging to try and narrow things down.

7 Likes

I am a bit lost with “Dynamic HDR10+ to DV Profile 8.1 conversion / Peak Brightness Source” options: histogram , histogram99 , max-scl , max-scl-luminance. Which should be used for LG Oled display.
Same question was asked before by @MauriceW67 in post #70, and in next post you linked some comments from @quietvoid dovi-tool/blob. But those comments don’t explain, for example, what “maxscl components” mean.
Is there some more info about these mentioned values with more explanations, or it does not make any difference which to use on LG Oled TVs?