EDID Override - Injecting a Dolby VSVDB Block

It is separate as explained more in a prior post, these are the two changes I applied:

Very likely just need only one commit for it to work [
DV Add Special Parse for ATEME Tian created file] - the other looked like a good idea - may yet help something else (not tested without it in place).

The change parses the sei again (only when the sei size is meaningful) though a custom parser I wrote checking for “ATEME Titan” → ateme_parse_sei

You can create a patch as you need from this against what branch you are trying to patch.

Feel free to copy to another branch and PR to CE if you think they will be ok with it.

2 Likes

thx a lot for the hints. my ‘stupid behind’ forked the module repos, applied your to changes to them (where possible) and then modified the package.mk files with new urls,sns,hashes instead of making patches :man_facepalming: :rofl: . It works but your way is more streamlined. Though I was too lazy to ‘rebase’ xbmc changes and just used your repo without changes (so kinda got a frankenversion/stable-ish of 21.1)

1 Like

so getting my AM6B+ today, should I use latest nightly and then apply the bin? do I get the latest updates? or if someone have updated build with T4A included and could share? thanks. :slight_smile:

Cheers, I think I’ll try adding these changes to my local repo’s patch list. I have a whitelist related patch which is supposed to prevent downscaling so I usually build my own “nightlies” from time to time when I feel like updating CE.

I have the same question.

Should I use latest 21.1 nightly and then install T4A tar?

does not matter, I used latest 21.1 stable.

1 Like

T4A is full image file ?

Not a Tar File ?

Have not tested yet.

Where is link Furst Post?

it’s an update tar and not a full image, link is in the topic (mid-August):

1 Like

Hi CPM, will you keep updating this tar

Short answer - no I will not be updating this tar ad infinitum.

The source are available and I will do my best to answer any questions for those who want to understand and incorporate the code, but these build are and have always been to try out functionality and testing the possibilities.

If I build new version because other substantial fixes elsewhere I will share but I think I have now come to a landing and no more active development.

FYI latest is here: Dynamic conversion of HDR10+ SEI to DV P8 NAL - #44 by cpm

3 Likes

Hi everyone.
Just a little information that isn’t clear to me.
Unfortunately my TV is only “Player LED”. Before this update I had selected “Use player led” on Kodi (deactivated by default).

Now the choice is wider but I don’t know which setting is the most correct for me, considering that it seems to work the same way: “DV-LL” or “Only VS10”?

Thank you

What is your TV/Projector mfg and model?

Assuming you are using cpm’s version T4A:
Display Led (Std-DV) is for native Dolby Vision TV/Projectors.
Player Led (DV-LL) for TV/Projectors that only support LLDV (normally older Dolby Vision TV/Projector, e.g. Sony A1) or if you are using a HDFury-like device that spoofs the EDID.
Player Led (HDR) for all HDR TV/Projectors that do not support any type of Dolby Vision (Std-DV or DV-LL).
Only VS10 is normally for TV/Projectors that do not support Dolby Vision and HDR (older TV/Projectors that only support SDR).

Thanks for the reply.
I have a Sony Bravia A8 that is Dolby Vision compatible but exclusively player led.

So I will set Player Led DV-LL and not VS2010.
(I had excluded the LED HDR player from the beginning)

Latest cpm’s version that includes “Dynamic conversion of HDR10+ SEI to DV P8 NAL” and the latest general CE updates:

2 Likes

Latest cpm version T6A with fix for VS10 HDR10 to DV for 3840x2160 @ 59.94 (Plus probably other corner cases)

1 Like

cpm’s latest version T8

1 Like