Emby Server Update

Can the Emby server addon be updated to the latest/current version please?

If I can manually update it myself, please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Bump…

Just wondering if anyone can chime in on this?

I see that there is this https://relkai.coreelec.org/addons/9.2/Amlogic/arm/service.emby4/service.emby4-9.2.104.zip

This appears to be a newer version than what installs installs on my box. Is this version only for the nightly builds?

I downloaded this, installed it on my 9.0.3 stable box and while it installs I can’t access the Emby dashboard at http://IP:8096

Any ideas?

Well after 19 days of no suggestions/tips/help and many days of research I ended up installing Plex server instead. It seems to be working decent considering the hardware (Le Potato) it’s running on. Most stuff I stream is direct play so no transcoding is involved.

In the process of installing Plex server and manually updating it, I came across on how to also update Emby server. In a nutshell, you have to download the latest version of Plex server for your architecture (arm7 for me) and extracting the file. In the extracted file you’ll find a compressed file called “package”.

Before you begin anything, stop your Plex server and start it back up again when you’re done. If you don’t want to stop your Plex server, you can also just reboot the device and it will update on reboot.

Decompress the file named “package” and copy all it’s contents to /storage/.kodi/addons/service.plexmediaserver/lib on your CoreELEC device running the Plex Server.

You can rename the existing lib folder to “lib.old” for back up and create a new folder called “lib” in it’s place and paste the new files in it. That’s pretty much it. Restart your Plex server and it will update or just reboot the device.

To update your Emby server it’s pretty much the same steps just different file and folder names. You need to replace all the files in /storage/.kodi/addons/service.emby4/emby. You’ll know that you’re in the right direction if the files in the folder you’re copying match the ones in the folder you’re going to paste them in.

I know this isn’t a thorough explanation in detail but I hope it points you in the right direction. The direction I was looking for 19 days ago.

2 Likes

Thanks solfrio.

I run a dedicated emby server and was curious as I was updating a family members box running coreelec so that they had a more recent version of emby.

I’ll give your advice a go.

Cheers.

Should also ask…

What file/package do I download??

Cheers.

Ubuntu Armv7.

Extract the .deb. Then inside you’re going to to look for data.tar.xz. Decompress data.tar.xz and copy everything in /opt/emby-server/system to /storage/.kodi/addons/service.emby4/emby on your device that you want to update.

Remember to stop the server before anything and restart it after you’re done or just reboot the device when you’re done. It will update when it reboots.

Thanks again solfrio.

Something to work on this weekend!

@solfrio Thanks for your guide. I just updated emby server and it works nicely.

Finally got around to this and it also worked a treat for me. Many thanks again

@solfrio Which Plexmediaserver addon did you use?

@tnds82 add-on. His server is down. Has been down for several days now. I recently updated to CoreELEC 9.2 and it broke his Plex add-on so I had no choice but to install it via Docker.

Thanks for info.

But I just try installed his Plex add-on yesterday and it went well (x86 platform).

I can update Plex server to latest version using your guide as well. Thanks again for sharing this.

ps. Plex on docker will not connect to my attached harddisk when it goes to standby state. Maybe it’s only me though. So I prefer to use @tnds82 add-on.

You are correct. It does seem his server is back up and working. Glad to hear everything worked out for you.