Emuelec menu only displays random solid colors

Hello! Just set up Emuelec the other night and everything was working fine at first, but then started seeing random issues like, for example, Dreamcast games would not load from Emulationstation mode (black screen) and would only load from RetroArch. I then left it unattended for over an hour and came back to find a solid black screen. I could still hear the music, but when I move the directional pad on the controller it just displays different random solid colors on the screen. I read about the kiosk mode and verified the password in the config, but that didn’t change anything either. When I boot the device, the splash screen displays fine and if I remove the sd card, it loads up regular android just fine without any issues with the display. Rebooting doesn’t help either. I’m really puzzled as to what is going on here, and would like to know how to resolve it and how to avoid it in the future.

The device is a MXQ Pro with p200 and Amlogic S905x (1G/8G).

Anyone else run into this issue before?

I have never seen or heard of this issue before, and without any logs it might be impossible to even know what is going on. But here are some things you could try.

I am assuming you are using the standalone version of EmuELEC and NOT the Addon

1.- If you have a 4k TV set resolution android to 1080p and reboot to EmuELEC
2.- Try disabling HRD by following these instructions: Common Questions FAQ · EmuELEC/EmuELEC Wiki · GitHub

If all of those fail, try installing version v3.9. Although v3.9 is no longer supported, it uses arm32 bit instead of 64bit which is better for your low RAM device.

1 Like

Okay, thanks to your suggestion about resolution I found the problem. I found in the config that I had set the resolution to 1080i instead of 1080p. After changing it to 1080p in the config I can now see the menus :slight_smile:

Thank you!

1 Like

Now I just need to resolve the issue with Emulationstation mode not loading Dreamcast games and going to a black screen :sweat_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.