emuElec on Homatics Box R4k+

Hey …

I know , this is no emuElec forum , but maybe someone can help.

Sometimes I have no ethernet connection. After reboot one or two times it’s working.

The other problem is I can’t shut down the box. The box turned automatically on again after choosing shutdown .

That’s exactly the same problems like coreELEC on this box at the beginning of supporting.

If I remember correctly, after modifications on the DTB.img the problems was solved.
So I tried to use the DTB.img from coreELEC, but it will not boot. Any ideas how to fix this two things ?

Maybe @vpeter

CoreELEC just works on this device because I use it regulary (network and shutdown).

Can you give me a link for the EE image you are using?

Yes , I know. That’s why I tried to use sc2_s905x4_sei_smb_280.dtb …

This is the latest version… https://github.com/EmuELEC/EmuELEC/releases/download/v4.7/EmuELEC-Amlogic-ng.aarch64-4.7-Generic.img.gz

I don’t know much about EE but I’m running Amlogic-ne on my Homatics device. But EE has only Amlogic-ng.

The EmuELEC forum might be able to help

Or @shanti !

This was supposed to be fixed in v4.7, are you shutting down the device via the menu?

Also did you update or is it a clean install?

Hey …, thanks for reply…

It is Homatics Box R4k plus device with fresh and clean install with EE 4.7. As device tree it is using sc2_s905x4_4g_1gbit.dtb . And yes , I use the menu with select button and choose shutdown.

The second issue I have is the ethernet. Sometimes it works , sometimes not. Have to reboot 2-3 times.

With coreELEC I use sc2_s905x4_sei_smb_280.dtb maybe it’s important…

And thanks for version 4.7 … It runs so much better than 4.6 … Nice work, love it …

Strange … If I press the power button on the remote (b25 withe remote.config) the box turn off normally.