emuElec on Homatics Box R4k+

Hey …

I know , this is no emuElec forum , but maybe someone can help.

Sometimes I have no ethernet connection. After reboot one or two times it’s working.

The other problem is I can’t shut down the box. The box turned automatically on again after choosing shutdown .

That’s exactly the same problems like coreELEC on this box at the beginning of supporting.

If I remember correctly, after modifications on the DTB.img the problems was solved.
So I tried to use the DTB.img from coreELEC, but it will not boot. Any ideas how to fix this two things ?

Maybe @vpeter

CoreELEC just works on this device because I use it regulary (network and shutdown).

Can you give me a link for the EE image you are using?

Yes , I know. That’s why I tried to use sc2_s905x4_sei_smb_280.dtb …

This is the latest version… https://github.com/EmuELEC/EmuELEC/releases/download/v4.7/EmuELEC-Amlogic-ng.aarch64-4.7-Generic.img.gz

I don’t know much about EE but I’m running Amlogic-ne on my Homatics device. But EE has only Amlogic-ng.

The EmuELEC forum might be able to help

Or @shanti !

This was supposed to be fixed in v4.7, are you shutting down the device via the menu?

Also did you update or is it a clean install?

Hey …, thanks for reply…

It is Homatics Box R4k plus device with fresh and clean install with EE 4.7. As device tree it is using sc2_s905x4_4g_1gbit.dtb . And yes , I use the menu with select button and choose shutdown.

The second issue I have is the ethernet. Sometimes it works , sometimes not. Have to reboot 2-3 times.

With coreELEC I use sc2_s905x4_sei_smb_280.dtb maybe it’s important…

And thanks for version 4.7 … It runs so much better than 4.6 … Nice work, love it …

Strange … If I press the power button on the remote (b25 withe remote.config) the box turn off normally.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.