External HDD still running after shutdown

Hi Coreelec Team,

I tried searching but was unable to find an answer on why my External HDD is still running even after a shutdown of coreelec.

Is there a way to shutdown the box along with the external HDD?

You can go to the CoreELEC settings menu and under hardware you’ll find an option to enable/disable usb power when off/suspend.

Hummm, I can’t fin hardware section in CE settings on a 9.2.1 running on a X96 Max, it has only System, Updates, Network, Connections, Bluetooth, Services and About.

It’s only available in nightlies.

Ah, Ok, thanks.
I would try the nightlies if they were helpful, but my tv boxes (X96 max) are widely tried and it wouldn’t be very helpful, I think.

Tried your suggestion but it seems to not work properly, tried changing the settings a couple of times as well but nothing changes. My HDD is still running after a shutdown.It does not dismount the HDD on shutdown.

Read this thread:

This is what i have done, is use the seagate HDD tool to give your drive a time out, its default is never.

I have set mine to 15 mins, it will now regardless of usb power turn of after 15 mins.

mode 1 If you set usb power off, it will restart the drive after you resume from sleep.

mode 2 If like me you keep usb power on, it will only reboot the drive when you try to access it for data even after a resume, this is great for me as i watch live tv alot, and the drive just sits dormant regardless of how many times i go to sleep and resume, unless i want to watch a movie.

I recommend mode 2, hope that helps.