Fail to boot with media_build (8.99.1)

Beelink GT1 standard S/N A912. I tried with the tuner plugged and unplugged (8.99.1.1). I don’t use remote config in any form as I use an airmouse (with usb transmitter) and the tv remote out of the box.

Edit: qxm_q201_2g_1gbit.dtb

Can you try the files here https://test.coreelec.org/8.99.1.1/

S912 will be available later this evening.

This one boots for me! Thanks @anon88919003.

Can I turn on media_build with this one? I didn’t follow too much what is going on with the dvb driver development. Which one should be used for the S905 KI Plus or S905D devices?

1. LE default drivers
  2. DVB drivers for TBS (CrazyCat)
  3. DVB drivers from the latest kernel (media_build)
  4. DVB drivers from the latest kernel

Should be fine @rosenrot (I hope)

Sorry but the result was the same… First boot ok, enabled media_build and all went to hell …

The same is not happening for me, are you sure you are updating with the new build?

I downloaded the image and burned it in the SD card. Fresh install.

@anon88919003 I’m a little bit afraid :slight_smile:

If you need it for verification I would try it.

Tried last nightly and the result is exactly the same as before. Do you guys need more information, is there anything I can do?

Try the builds here, these may or may not be final.

Thanks but I’ve got the same problem. In one of the boots I tried, this appeared:

Thanks for testing @Vasco please check your inbox

There is a temporary solution to either use amremote by copying a compatible remote.conf to /flash or /storage/.config

Or to completly disable IR by creating a remote.disable file instead in either of the above locations.

We have determined the issue is happening with meson-ir enabled.

1 Like

Which build is working with media_build enabled?

1 Like

Could it be, that GPIO changes, done a while back (allowing using GPIO pins for IR remote, which is great) interfering with gpio code, which is enabled (and superseeds CE original one) by media_build? It was mentioned by Hiassoft, but I am not experienced enough to see whole picture or understand it.

But this change was done a few official builds already, so I would be surprised it appears now… So maybe it something else (remote/meson switch change?) propably, but anyway, just mention…

New build to test available here.

The latest testbuild works for me after turning on media_build.

1 Like

@rosenrot that is great news, we just need a few more users to test it before we can push out the new build to all users

It worked for me too (S905X MXQ Pro), but I couldn’t install TV headend server. After switching drivers back it ended up in safe mode.

@Jero this is a thread about media_build issues not tvheadhend, please open a new thread with a copy of your logs