Feature request for vim3 :)

It would be great if you could consider adding a option in the vim3 coreelec fan control settings to be able to set the temperature that the fan comes on while it’s set to auto and at what speed for each temperature. Is this something the devs have already considered or would?
Thanks

I considered adding the options like that when I added the support for controlling the fan to CoreELEC settings.

However, the mcu/fan driver from khadas does not support this. As it is currently with the driver you can’t make on the fly changes to the trigger temperatures or response level, and while it is technically possible to set custom temps by editing the device tree, this comes with it’s own set of issues.

So you would need to ask khadas about adding the features you want to the driver so that we could add it to the settings GUI.

4 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to reply and your work in adding support for the fan!.. ill email khadas and see if they would be willing to update the driver to support this, I think it would be a nice feature to have.

1 Like

Did you see this:

1 Like