Fix display resulution

Hey I have a similar problem as here discribed:

I disconnect my box and the tv from the grid after using it for just once a week. When I turn it both back on again the box seems to be back faster than my tv so the box switch to a lower resulution than 1080p as I set it up in the settings.
Delaying the startup process of the box as adviced in the old thread is not a propper sulution in my opinion.

My question now is: is it possible to force the system to boot up in 1080p even it can’t detect an output strait away?

Yes, with SSH commands:

fw_setenv hdmimode 1080p50hz
fw_setenv outputmode 1080p50hz

or

fw_setenv hdmimode 1080p60hz
fw_setenv outputmode 1080p60hz

I would try a different HDMI cable first.

If your box is Amlogic, turn on Display, then turn on box, and then run cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/disp_cap > /storage/.kodi/userdata/disp_cap through SSH.

After this, even when you restart the box during shutdowned Display, Kodi dont loose display’s capabilities memory.

I did this on Amlogic, if your box is Rpi, then you need to store edid through tvservice -d /flash/edid command and then add a few commands to the config.txt.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.