Gamebox2 (G11Pro) Amlogic Franklin Booting issue!

Hi guys,
I had recently purchased a Gamebox2 - I would usually link the item but it’s no longer available.
Upon plugging it in I had the error -

Boot error, hangs. " Starting debugging shell for boot step: mount_flash…type exit to quit ###

After following a few YouTube tutorials I am still unsuccessful, I am now stuck on the “Android” homescreen… I have tried SO MANY different Device Trees and cannot get her to boot…

All the specs I have are -

Device Manufacturer = Amlogic
Model = TVBOX=GAME
Board = Franklin
Device = Franklin
CPU= 4x ARM Cortex-A53 @ 1800MHz
GPU Cores = 1 Core
GPU VENDOR = ARM
RAM= 1gb
Kernel Version= 4.9.113

“Franklin” is the SOC codename for S905X2, so DTB to be used should start with “g12a_s905x2”.
But you only have 1GB RAM, this config is not available on CE side. Using 2GB DTB will not work.
And no LAN, and unknown WIFI chipset.
So overall, it seems challenging to get this device running.

Maybe better to rethink buying a supported box. And if you bought this for gaming, maybe check out EMUELEC.

1 Like

Thank you for your support, I appreciate it!
I wonder why they would sell me the wrong gamebox, it’s heavily advertised on YouTube and has great reviews, yet mine is f’d.
This was all attempted via Emuelec by the way.

Thanks!

Checking the internet, you will see there are lots of sellers riding the next YT hype. Different boxes & HW inside, all selling as G11Pro.
S905X3 | 2GB: 54.64€ 8% OFF|NEUE G11 GAMEBOX Dual System Android 10000 + Retro Video Spielkonsolen HD TV Spiel Player Wireless Controller Für PSP arcade Spiele| | - AliExpress
S905X3 | ???: 42.44€ 70% OFF|G11 pro android 9,0 videospiel box 4k hd tv konsole 256g 60000 retro spiele 2,4g drahtloses gamepad spiel stick für tv| | - AliExpress
S905X2 | ???: 39.1€ 63% OFF|G11 pro retro videospiel konsole gamepad gamepad bis zu 256g 4k hd tv 2,4g wireless doppel controller 60000 + spiele für n64/psp| | - AliExpress

The same mess as we saw with the cheap X96 china boxes…

Made a quick hack, try if it’s booting at least with CE20.2…
g12a_s905x2_1g_g11.dtb (68.9 KB)

I replaced the SD card (Had to wait for one to come in mail or I would have waited)
Seems to have fixed the issue… Along with your g12a file! It booted perfectly…
Thank you so much!!!
Case closed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.