Gigabit LAN driver problem

so it’s better to do it by USB otg ?
Where do I find this android image you linked ?
thank you !

Firmware

Thank you ! I will try it with Amlogic usb burning tool. Is that ok ?
You recommend any .img from the ones you mentioned in link ?
Thank you !

1.Yes
2.No only X96Max_V311_4G_AP6356_1000M_20181219

Newer 8.1 could work too

I am trying for about 2 hours to write the new img. bu with no success.I always get an error :frowning:

Start the Burning Tool, load the firmware, press the button start, connect the x96 with the usbport without power connection

On the USB3.0 port yes? It’s exactly what I did. But always getting this error.

Try with USB 2.0 port and follow the instructions.
It says: 1. make sure the devices and the hub is connected;

On the USB 2.0 It does not show “connect succes” on usb 3.0 yes. But I managed to brick the device. It does not start anymore. With amlogic tool I have the same error : bl2 boot stage error.
Thank you!

how-to-recover-so-you-bricked-your-box

Which version of the Burning Tool do you use?
For me only version 2.1.7.0 worked.

I see the Version, it’s to old.

When I succeded to start the update, I used the version 2.1.7.0. But I unticked “erase bootloader”. The update then started but freezed at 43%; therefore I had to unplug the device.
Now, when I connect it, it is recognized in “USB burning tool” but the same error.
The box does not start anymore probably because some files were deleted from it.

I will try afternoon to recover it with microSD technique.

Thank you !

Did you use USB 2.0 or 3.0 from box ?

Than you !

I use USB 3.0

I found a .img that works, but now I have an error about temperature and I cannot find a range that will let finish the update. It stucks at 97%. Any idea ?

Thank you !

Maybe go here and see

I finally managed to revive the X86 MAX. Unfortunatelly, the only version that worked was the original ANDROID 9.0 (X96Max_V311_4G_9.0_V311P_20190722.img) The other images were getting errors at 4%. Now it works 100mbit LAN (it get’s the DHCP good IP ) but not 1000mbit :(.
I opened the box and saw that LAN is RTL8211F.

Could this be fixed by a nightly in the future ?

Thank you !

1 Like

If you see X96Max_V311R_P in android under device name then you should use this

X96Max_V311R_P_20190722-2021(8822).rar

@Pelican if I have V311R_P version of X96 Max, I should install this version of Android and it should solve Ethernet issues?
Currently the physical link is active, but DHCP cannot take an IP. Manually set IP and still not working, ping is not coming there.