[Guide] Homatics Box R 4k Plus CoreELEC installation, configuration and modding

Have you tried to reinstall by Reset Button method?

Thanks, that did it !

Maybe add this as note in the first thread ? e.g. Needs to be repeated on any android update.

Android did not give me any chance to cancel the upgrade, instantly moved to “Update in progress don’t turn of the device…”

So after living with my Dune HD R 4K Plus idling at 50-52C even with the lid off it was time for drastic measures…

Took an old 120mm PWM PC Fan, removed the 4pin wires and soldered on the end of a USB cable to Gnd and Positive. Because it’s running at 5V instead of the usual 12V it runs slower and is totally silent:-

Slapped it on top of the player instead of the lid and got to watching a movie.

The box that use to idle at 50-52C now plays movies at 36C :+1: Just need to a more permanent way to fix it to the top.

1 Like

Hi! Thanks for this guide, just to clear couple of questions:

what is the correct / preferred release to download for basic functions including dolby vision?
It was advised to download nightly, but here is also beta available.

is it:
https://github.com/CoreELEC/CoreELEC/releases/download/21.0-Omega_beta1/CoreELEC-Amlogic-ne.aarch64-21.0-Omega_beta1-Generic.img.gz

Is there any significant changes in Nexus / Omega regarding basic functions?

2#
Regarding the booting, did I understand right that when I use USB stick to install, it is NOT necessary to user the reset button method to boot coreelec.

So once i have done the installation process it should work fine.

In my country nokia 8010 device is available in reasonable price, is there any reason why I should not order it? I

Br, Sebo

General question about resolution and whitelist. I’m not seeing framerate below 60 or 59Hz for any resolution below 4k. 23,24 all those options are missing. I read somewhere its an EDID issue. I can change the GUI to 4K and the box upscales 1080p movies to 4k and 24/23 fps also works at this resolution. however there is too much banding. I don’t know if the box cannot upscale properly or if its a subsampling problem. (i will play around with subsampling to reduce banding… for example… episode 1 of Squid game new series - when they enter that white room. banding is very visible all over that white space).

Does anyone have a clear tutorial/command to force the missing whitelist options for 1080p resolution? I know it will be something to do with “disp_cap” but i cant seem to find the command to force the missing resolutions… TIA for help!!

I scaled it back to 10 bit 4:2:2 just to check. The problem recurs actually only after a dolby vision file plays. when we hit stop on a dolby vision file, the box switches back to REC709 and only plays that. Colors are predictably wrong on HDR and SDR files. Dolby vision files trigger a reseync and rtuern to BT2020. The only way to get SDR and HDR files processed through VS10 again is a reboot. What setting do we think I’ve got wrong that’s turning off the VS10 engine after a dolby file plays?

The bit limit is only for non DV. DV is need 12bit. So If your TV support also DV it should also support 12bit.

I’m using the LLDV hack. The trouble is not wether it can display it. The trouble is after it plays a DV file, it switches off the VS10 engine and the menu gets washed out and subsequent video files are all wibbly colored. I’m thinking there’s a setting that I’m missing that telling it to switch VS10 off when not in DV, but I want it all to be in DV to do that LLDV hack.

Pretty sure there is no need for a bigass fan to sufficiently cool the chip. It should be completely fine at 60-70C. Thats completely normal operating temp for silicon.

yep they are made to handle temps over 90c without problems no need to void your warrant
But if you like to spend your time on it go ahead

FEL doesn’t work for me, if i select lossless then I’m getting a black screen
Homematic is connected with earc to the avr MEL works Perfect!

Lossless will not working. Use 8.1.

roidy, what key / key combo did you press to see the video info while playing a movie, please ?

I’ve got it mapped to a button on my remote but I’m pretty sure it’s lowercase letter o on a keyboard.

1 Like

Thx for clearing it out!
I was confused because some people saying it was working.
So still work in progress

shift+crtl+o

1 Like

No, shift+crtl+o gives you player debug info:- https://kodi.wiki/view/Player_process_info#Player_Debug_Info

Just o gives you player process info which includes the system temperature:- https://kodi.wiki/view/Player_process_info#Player_Process_Info

1 Like

wel now he’s got the two i suppose he can read to

Hello,
When powering the television and the tvbox, the tvbox with Coreelec starts before the television and does not detect it, so Coreelec does not start.
Is there any solution other than leaving the TV on first?
Thank you

Hi,On the Dune Box, the android asked for an update and Correlec stop booting automaticly. I repeated the installation process and everything was OK.
But this left me with doubts about another situation?
Assuming that I want to remove the automatic boot for Correlec, what do I need to do?