[Guide] Homatics Box R 4k Plus CoreELEC installation, configuration and modding

Thank you. I will try it :+1:

Hi
Nokia 8010 I installed Amlogic-ne, New. It was even possible to force ATMOS on Danon X3008h, the problem is that the NETFLIX button in the remote control does not work, is there KEY NOKIA.cfg that will activate this button

I added the microSd slot to my Nokia 8010 so assuming the homatics pcb is similar it should be possible but it requires soldering 0201 components. Magnification and SMD soldering experience is highly recommended.

In addition to the microSD slot I added the following:

• 2x 0 ohm resistor (red)
  • 33 ohm resistor (green)
  • 1nF capacitor (blue)
  • 4.7 k. resistor (yellow)
  • 10 k. resistor (magenta)

I didn’t add what I think are ESD (zener?) protection diodes (brown)

The values are educated guesses based on the odroid c2 schematic and these teardown images:
https://device.report/m/c77b503f3fb4edaf2538ef8064c42424d7c7b96c7da2bd175513c6848f78b2a4.pdf
https://device.report/m/84ac5fd233b34730c1e532e14d86c12b657be11b8b36bb2df89898304e4d1a80.pdf
No guaranties but works for me…

5 Likes

Hi,

I don’t own a S905X4 device (yet), but when I compared the different devices with this SOC my favorite was the Nokia 8010, but I was missing a µSD-slot. Now I am curious about the bus speed which can be achieved with this retrofitted slot ? Default speed (12,5MBit/s), high speed (25Mbit/s), SDR50/HDR50 ( 50Mbit/s) or, which would be the optimum SDR104 (104MBit/s) ? For comparision see here:

I am interested in this information because afaik it is not possible to flash coreelec to the internal emmc on S905X4 devices. Therefore my idea would be to use the µSDcard slot to boot coreelec and to use the USB 3.0 port for an USB-Dock like this: LC-DOCK-U3-4B: LC Power

but retrofitting the µSD-slot as boot source would only make sense if the bus speed would be faster than the USB2 port.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Homatics Box R 4K Plus

I tried a quick read benchmark using hdparm -Ttv /dev/mmcblk1 and I’m only seeing around 22 MB/s. Would be interesting to see if someone with a RockTek G2 gets better results.

Thanks for testing and yes, the question now is if any of the other S905x4 based devices could achieve a better µSD bus speed.

@rho-bot this just happened again and now the Reset Button just boots into Fast Boot Mode instead of CoreElec.

I probably should stop using Android.

After all android Update, you need reset button, or use reboot to CoreElec app, choose first boot option.

Turns out I did not press the reset button long enough, just keep pressing it.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Homatics Box R 4K Plus

Hi, I would like to confirm If my Dune HD Homatics Box R 4K Plus is supporting MKV Dolby Vision P7 FEL or not ? I actually have a Chinoppo M9201 and it support only DV with BDMV or iso DV dual track dual layer and not supporting single track dual layer MKV and does not support kodi or any other app installation so you have to browse SMB share like in the 1970 years…LOL.The image quality is still amazing when watching DV. I am waiting to see if i need to purchase the UgoosAM6B+ or not.
Thanks

No, it does not support FEL. Only S922X-J devices, such as the AM6B+, do. Honestly, the AM6B+ is amazing and development is focused on it. I love mine.

Thanks. I Will order one today. My Wife will kill me…I think i have 5 differents boxes since i dropped MadVr HTPC’s. Finally one box working for all !