H96 Max S905X2 working Coreelec

Yes. i am tested with stable and also with nightly, with android 8.1 frmware both ports works, with amdroid 9 firmware only the usb 3 port work. in android both ports works. the firmware version I can put in my box is https://drive.google.com/file/d/1StoI3PsOP5w86MV6xt7grDOKXJi48Y8Q/view?usp=drivesdk

H96 max x2 (Amlogic S905x2) Firmware Android 9.0 LPDDR3

Yes I also found that in android 9.0 only one USB port functions. I am using the GT King port rom. I tried also the BL301 injection and it is true that I can turn on the box once it is completely turned off with my original remote control (I cannot do this in the Android!!!). The only “problem” is that the led is red when ON and blue when OFF. Finally my USB ports keep having power even after I completely turn OFF my box, but this is a common problem both in Android (8.0 and 9.0) and coreelec, so I suppose it is a hardware problem and not software.

" The only “problem” is that the led is red when ON and blue when OFF. " - this is not problem, I think it must be. the blue led means that it is in standby or suspend mode. and usb power can be turned on or off in settings, at least in nightly build.

You know that in official roms (either Android 8.0 or 9.0) the led is blue when the box is ON and the led is red when it is in sleep or shut down state. So in coreelec is reversed, that’s why I refer to it as a minor “problem” (meaning something different than the official or what you were used in).
As far as the power to USB ports, as I already know it is not the same to all H96 max X2 boxes. It differs from box to box (due to different boards, ram being DDR3 or DDR4 etc). I think that once I tried to turn the power off to USBs through the settings in coreelec but if I remember well without success (they still had power).

Probably as thirsty as you say, I no longer know how it is in android that I don’t use it much anymore, I am 99% used to CE.

Is there any attempt to fix reversed LED indication (nightly builds)?
And I was thinking about BL301 - eg. SD card with CE is corrupted and new CE installation is required. IR will work with new CE installation but what about config.ini? Let’s say I want to enable HDMI-CEC… Is it better to backup config.ini or inject_bl301 restores config.ini or it creates new config.ini?

Something strange,i have installed coreelec on H96 max in dual mode,but i find that boot time is much longer than boot from usb,it stay at CE boot splash screen more than 1 minute.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Netflix Installation - How Do I Get Netfllix Working?

Hello, have strange problem with this box. Tried multiple night ng generic versions. Used g12a_s905x2_4g.dtb. Skin Confluence. Tried to run from SD and NAND (ceemc). This box always freezes for a few seconds every few minutes. Seems like CPU is loaded heavy. It does this problem even after clean install without any addons. Working via HDMI CEC (remote not configured).
Any idea or where to search in log? Thanks

Try to change the governor to ondemand (Settings > CoreElec > Hardware > Performance).

Check Temperature. In idle, just with the skin, it should not exceed low to mid 50s°C, mid to high 120s°F. (Settings > System Information > Hardware).

Thanks but this didn’t help. Not sure if it is cpu. idle CPU temp is 42°C. S905X2 rev. B.
If I set resolution to 4K box is unusable. At 1080p 50Hz it makes those problems.
I installed tens of different boxes from S805 till today’s best Amlogics but this never happened before. I would almost say like this is some HW related GPU or RAM problem.

You mentioned trying Night versions.
Have you tried a Release version?

No, I need ceemmc - which is only on nightly - right?

Wrong, ceemmc has been part of CE for a long time now.

Anyone having issues with their USB ports?
I’ve bought three H96 Max X2 and I only have one USB port working
The blue one.
But when CoreElec is rebooted I often lose it too.
I have to power down / power up to get it back.

I’m running the latest stable build 9.2.5

No problem with usb ports here. Using them for USB DAC and RF remote receiver. What are you using them for?

The black one isn’t working at all.
It is when I boot in Android 9.
But in CoreElec only the blue one work and I need to avoid “rebooting” cause I’m losing it. I saw above some users had such issues at one point.
Maybe I inherited a new Android version that has a new DTB.

So - installed latest stable (to emmc). Tried also from SD. Still the same. After few minutes menu freezes for about 2-3 seconds. I fmovie playing it will freeze and after fast forward to where it should be (but after 140 minutes or so). CPU 48°C.

Could this really be faulty HW? Or has anyone other idea?

It could be also power supply.

Either a bad encode or bad\faulty hardware