H96 Max S905X2 working Coreelec

http://ix.io/1QA1

It came from Amazon AU.:rofl:
CPU_Z has it as an H96Max X2 (u211)

Edited::

1gbit is for 1Gbit Ethernet. There’s no such thing as 1Gbit wireless.

I should know that… had a dumb moment , will edit, sorry. :grimacing:
23:00 here now, will look back in in the morning.

@bazzle please try the following build here, wifi and bluetooth should be working for you in it.

Changes will be included in tomorrows nightly so be sure to update to it after testing this build to continue receiving updates.

@anon88919003 All works :slight_smile: Thank you.

Was mine as you suspected, not 1gb?
Is there still unknown sources switch?

I don’t know but your H96 Max is different from others because it has a different WiFi/BT chipset, so it may very well only be 100M also.

Our builds allow 3rd party addons to be used by default without having to toggle that stupid switch.

1 Like

My H96 Max X2 is only 100MB LAN.

1 Like

Mine is the same one.
Don’t know where I got the 1Gb from :grimacing:
Anyway working without fault so far , many thanks to the CE Team :+1:

Prev ad didnt say the 10/100 lan speed
https://www.amazon.com.au/Android-S905X2-Streaming-Player-Keyboard/dp/B07TKDJ6VY/ref=sr_1_15?keywords=h96+max+x2&qid=1564987773&s=gateway&sr=8-15

Hi all,

I just got an H6 Max X2 4G/32GB from AMZN and immediately flashed the latest NG nightly build on SD card. Booted it using the usual toothpick inside the AV hole + plug-in power adapter. All essential CE functions are working 100% for me - remote, LAN, wifi, BT, Samba and SSH. The only minor hitch to add the remote.conf file for this device - it’s in one of Bazzle’s other posts in this forum. Worked like a charm.

Has anyone tried to install-to-internal? It seems this command/script is not available in the NG version.

Thanks again to the CE team and Bazzle for getting CE running on this device. The device is so cheap now and better bang-for-buck than an S912 device.

Answer to installtointernal question

1 Like

Devs have stated NO internal will be developed for these units.
Mine works very well from SD card…

Thanks for the replies. What can the 4GB RAM be used for then if we can’t install to internal to boot CE directly from internal memory?

Bazzle, how are you able to boot CE directly from SD without pressing the reset button in the AV hole?

Cheers!

Install to internal is nothing to do with your 4 GB RAM.

Pressing “Reset” button in AV port is only needed when first installing CE on an uSD card. After this only instance CE will always boot to uSD card automatically without the need to press reset button.

To explain it better the contents of aml_autoscript are saved to the env partition when pressing the reset button.

This partition is read by the bootloader at every boot up and contains the boot commands, that is why it is only needed once because once our modifications are saved then they are there forever unless you do a factory reset.

aml_autoscript contains some basic commands to tell the bootloader to try booting from USB/SD first before the eMMC.

I only had to do that the 1st time. Every other time it just works OK from SD card.

Thanks all for the tip. My H96 is rebooting into internal memory instead of the USB drive. But I will try again using a freshly imaged SD card instead of USB drive.

Any recommendations for a microSD card i.e. class, speed rating?

@pelican: just curious - why is does installtointernal have nothing to do with 4GB i.e. internal memory? I thought the purpose of the script was to copy the bootable CE image from SD to internal memory.

The 4GB RAM is not your internal memory in this context.
Internal memory is the emmc or nand flash.
RAM

@Bazzle Mate, on the whirlpool thread you mentioned you had your Harmony remote working with this box… Can you indulge me how you set this up? Everytime I try to set it up, It doesn’t recognise the unit as a media player, and thus, I cannot include it in Activities.
Any info would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

For which model of Harmony Remote are you asking?