H96 Max S905X2 working Coreelec

Thanks all for the tip. My H96 is rebooting into internal memory instead of the USB drive. But I will try again using a freshly imaged SD card instead of USB drive.

Any recommendations for a microSD card i.e. class, speed rating?

@pelican: just curious - why is does installtointernal have nothing to do with 4GB i.e. internal memory? I thought the purpose of the script was to copy the bootable CE image from SD to internal memory.

The 4GB RAM is not your internal memory in this context.
Internal memory is the emmc or nand flash.
RAM

@Bazzle Mate, on the whirlpool thread you mentioned you had your Harmony remote working with this box… Can you indulge me how you set this up? Everytime I try to set it up, It doesn’t recognise the unit as a media player, and thus, I cannot include it in Activities.
Any info would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

For which model of Harmony Remote are you asking?

Ah, Apologies.
Its the Harmony 650, configured using the MyHarmony app.

I use my Harmony 650 remote on N2, previously used on my X92 box. Works OK on N2 using my configuration for X92. The only thing I had to change is learn my Harmony new ON/OFF IR codes from my original Odroid N2 remote control.
In this thread is the explanation how I did it.

I use an Harmony Hub remote ( Smart remote) but they should all be coded the same.
I set it up as a PC using Rockchip as the Brand.
Baz

Thanks @Sholander & @Bazzle.
Got it working, just need to do some tweaking. Cheers Guys! :slight_smile:

Still appears to be working OK.
Up to Nightly 20190824 atm. (20190831 now)
I dont use wireless so cant really comment on its stability.

I just reinstalled the latest nightly 0906 from a clean slate. I used the g12a_s905x2_4g.dtb and the remote.conf provided by bazzle. The box, remote, ethernet and wifi are working fine. However, the LED status light seems reversed - blue when off and blank when on. Also, once powered off using the remote I cannot power it back on with the remote - have to unplug/replug the power cable. I’m running from a USB thumb drive. Anyone experiencing this also?

My box is H96 Max X2 with 4GB.

Thanks!

powered off button on ir = sleep ( blue led)

OK, I see. How do I power it back on with the remote? Pressing the red button doesn’t turn it on.

You cant atm.
That part doesnt work. I leave mine on 24/7.
I have the power supply plugged into a smart switch so if it goes pear shaped I can remotely turn off/on with Alexa voice control.

OK, I see. Thanks for the heads up. Hope this will be worked out in coming builds.

You can use this guide:
@bazzle @EBAL

1 Like

I press number 2 on my remote, which seems to Power it on…

last night i installed it with pen drive its super easy took 10mins only boot is also super fast
i will post full review in night after testing everything

The only issue I’ve come across, relates to disconnecting external USB storage drives, which causes a reboot on my system.

hi guys i tried all audio video formats all working fine.
DTS HD MA passthrough done
DOLBY TRURHD passthrough done
while playing HEVC 4K video it reboots coreelec.
while shutdown instead of red light it indicates blue light.
i use air mouse that comes with this device in optional it works good.
wifi detected and connected no issues.
everything works smooth.
thank you very much coreelec team.
last question my pendrive is now 512MB how to get its real size actually its 16gb i tried all format options but still its 512mb

worked fine on mine device. ejected and mounted no restart