H96 Max S905X2 working Coreelec

i will try and update

Yes. I can.
(See my post above. Does this not work for you?)

no, not work. from sleep ( blue led) with INFRARED remote. maybe with bluetooth airmouse, I don’t try yet.
i think the problem is that power off system is only sleep mode (blue led) power off from android is done correctly (red led), and from this state i can start tvbox and with IR.

Pressing the ‘2’ button on the factory remote wakes up my box from sleep mode (blue LED). And I didn’t have to install the BL301 injection script for this to work.

So far so good!

Button “2” not work for me.
I use MXQ Pro 4K with longpress buttons remote files and all the buttons work correctly. the only problem is that the shutdown is not done correctly and does not return from sleep mode.

Your mistaken, there is 2 partitions, 512mb is just the first partition and you will find the remaining space allocated to the second partition.

1 Like

Button “2” only works to turn back on.
If I use it when ON screen flashes a bit and im not sure what its doing so I leave it alone.
Latest 20190917 working great.
I had no issues with 20190911 from SD card other than a soft reboot happening at start up. Phew :wink:

Nightly 20190919 still OK :slight_smile:

CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2-nightly_20190923-Generic on my H96max X2 4GB/32GB is working :slight_smile:
Tested with WIFI.
Also Button “2” works for me to turn back on.

Youtube Addon is still only 720p :confused:

Have you installed InputStream Adaptive and selected it in Youtube settings, as this will give you 1080p and 4K?

CoreELEC Nightly Add-ons, VideoPlayer InputStream, InputStream Adaptive.

Youtube has an MPEG-DASH tab to tick Use MPEG-DASH, where further settings enable you to select the video quality, HDR, fps etc,

I have installed InputStream Adaptive and selected it in Youtube settings but I think it is still 720p.
Do I have to activate the proxy function?

Oh, and Pulse Eight CEC is not working on this nightly.

You have to activate MPEG-DASH for YouTube for higher video resolutions.

Has anyone tested Ethernet speed on this device? I’m looking to upgrade from my S905x box and the 2 things that have me wanting to upgrade are Gigabit and USB 3.0.

100 Mbps, 1 x usb3

That’s only the 2gb model though, right? Browsing storefronts it appears that the 2gb model is 100M and the 4gb model is 1000M.

no, main is 4/64 model. it’s not very good but was cheap. arround 40$.

Wanted to chime in with my experience.

Bought this device on Amazon so I could easily return if need be. Installed CE 9.2 without issue, dtb used was 4g_1000, otherwise no ethernet. Copied bazzle’s remote.conf and it works without issue. Everything is snappy, USB copying and Samba performance have increased roughly x10.

My only issue, and I could just be an idiot, is playing HDR. On my old s905x box HDR played fine, but here it does not work. Since s905x2 support is new I’m thinking maybe it just doesn’t support it yet? Does anyone have any insight on this?

HDR10+ doesn’t work in CE 9.2
HDR10 and HLG works,
For HDR10+ play (fallback to HDR10) use the latest nightly.

I must have missed ticking some option then.

The files I’m trying to play are definitely HDR10 and not HDR10+, but it still is not playing HDR according to my TV and it’s noticeably missing when switching back and forth between this and the old S905x box.