H96 MAX X4 SoC S905X4@2G/16/1GbE/Wifi[2/4GHz]/BT

You will need to check peak bitrates, not average, as it’s the peak bitrates that shoot up and bottle-neck 100Mbs Ethernet links. Average bitrates (and file sizes divided by durations) don’t tell the whole story of a video file in bitrate terms.
This is a graph of Blade Runner 2049 - peaking at >120Mbs with quite a few >100Mbs

And here’s Thor Ragnarok peaking at >160Mbs, with a number of >100Mbs.

100Mbs Ethernet connections will deliver a bit over 90Mbs in real world situations, though if you use SMB/CIFS this will reduce this further.

1 Like

You are right, that’s why I write stream

Using scp on S905x2 (not direct dump of network stats) i have stable 89,6Mibps, nothing more.

Worth mentioning is MTU, we stream big files so we have almost all the time packet size like 1500, so the transfer should be stable.

I streamed 4K version of this from BD and didn’t have any problems, possible explanation is that kodi use 20MB cache so I’m safe for 2 second burst(80Mibps traffic + 10MB from cache per second).

@CE Team, do you change default kodi cache values for CE installation?

Yes - a lot of people use ‘stream’ to mean ‘play over the network’ - not to differentiate between a server-side streaming application instead of using a regular file server. A lot of people will use NFS or SMB/CIFS servers and so won’t be streaming.

Regarding your graphs, did you make them yourself?
or
Is there somewhere nice public database with that kind information?

Quick google - there is a bit of software that does it I think. There may also be a database. I think some BD reviews sites post them.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.