H96 Pro+ S912 Standby mode

Yes, you need a bootable sd card:

sorry for next questions but I think I dont read the linux language :slight_smile:
tried windows virtual but could not mount the sd cardā€¦ so i installed ubuntu to an old computerā€¦
now:
Createted a bootable micro SD card with rufus (coreelec iso file) in windows.

fdisk -l on a linux system gives me disk /dev/sdb
mounted is /dev/sdb1 (COREELEC)
and /dev/sdb2 (STORAGE)

tried to unmount sdb, sdb1 and sdb2 (tried one by one and all of them) but after the next steps I cannot mount it back.
so in terminal in folder /downloads where u boot is i type nex4 four commands:
sudo dd if=u-boot.bin.sd.bin of=/dev/sdc
conv=fsync,notrunc bs=1 count=444
dd if=u-boot.bin.sd.bin of=/dev/sdc
conv=fsync,notrunc bs=512 skip=1 seek=1
(I replaced sdc with sdb, and later even with sdb1 but always same next step)

Now you can copy the u-boot.bin to the FAT32 partition of the SD card for the next step.

ok there is no more partition, and I cant mount it backā€¦
Did I do something wrong?

Am I doing something wrong?
EDIT:
I finally did it. I think u-boot is now written on sd card, next step is updating bootloader. it takes a while (lot of time and nerves )

Hi all
Quick, maybe stupid question: is it possible to safely test the customized uboot with a SD card, without having to erase the factory one in eMMC?
Bye

Is there any way to check if the u-boot has successfully updated, other than testing the suspend function?
With cec enabled, my box wakes up immediately after I put it into suspend.

The box is km8pro 2Gb/8Gb, running CE from USB drive. Using pre-made V2.2 u-boot.

Not really. You need to erase the u-boot on eMMC that the u-boot on the SD get loaded.

But you canā€™t really brick the device. You can use the Amlogic Burncardmaker or the Amlogic USB reflash tool to bring back the original status.

1 Like

Was it the same before? A u-boot uart log will show the wake-up reason.

Provided that you have a good factory restore firmware, right?

Just a Android factory image.

It is not so simple to get an android image for the cheap Chinese box.
But it is not possible to dump the emmc uboot and store it in a kind of restore SD card?

I also found a few for H96Pro+ Chinese box so do just a Google search.

I ran my coreelec from USB normally. than i ssh and delete actual-boot.
than I removed my USB and inserted the new USB with new u-boot. ssh reboot update. dark screen.
than I removed sd from usb reader and inserted it into TF slot in minix box and MINIX logo appeared. again dark screen.
If I power on with reset pressed than minix logo appears and than on top of screen it says:

" Starting debugging shell for boot step: mount_flashā€¦type exit to quit ### "

and thats it. cant go further.
any ideas?

I opened device and 2 RAM modules are Micron 6TP77 D9SHD.

I used usb burning tool and flashed original stock image and it turned on now (weirdly my old apps are still there). But I still want to run coreelec on sd card and have working CEC with u boot.

Why you are running from USB? Why not using SD card. I do not have experience if the bootloader will load u-boot from usb.

tried bothā€¦ but no successā€¦
will try tomorrow ā€¦ tiredā€¦ spent days on this device :slight_smile:

Hi, this will compatible with H96Pro+ 3/16 green board?

The green/blue/black is only a hint of ddr3/ddr4/lpddrā€¦ So best would be to open the box and take a look what kind of ram is really used.

D9SRL is a DDR4 SDRAM, for what it is worth, as is confirmed by the label between the SDRAM (2 large black chips).

I, for one, cannot tell you what to do with that info.

I did it and updated the u-boot, inserted old coreelec sd card and it runs!
BUTā€¦
now I can only boot my coreelec sd card, If I want to boot to emmc original it shows android logo and stays at logo.

I enabled suspend (in sleep.config) and in coreelec I chose power button suspends .
and it does go to sleep when I press power button on remote but I cannot wake it up with remoteā€¦ I have to manually press power on device. EDIT. I can wake the device with ā€œBACKā€ button hmm
same happens if I turn the device totally OFF. I can turn it on with remote ā€œBACK arrowā€ button and not with power button.

also I have minix air mouse/remote connected with USB receiver. it does not work at allā€¦ I think all usb ports dont work now.

something wrong? any suggestions?

Hi @marko-mb
Iā€™ve been using uboot from @Portisch for few months.
Following the wiki guide on github is possible to fit uboot in minix u9-h without problems. Have you made sure that before updating the uboot you could start CoreELEC from emmc without problems? Sometimes you must perform the ā€œinstalltointernalā€ script several times until it works.
I recommend you to start the process from the beginning; i mean flash again android factory image, then CoreELEC in eMMC Ƈ(ensure you can boot from emmc) and then update the uboot following the guide.

One the problems of using this uboot is the USB ports. As this uboot is not designed for minix, only USB-OTG port is workable, others ports are recognized by kernel but are not usable. Is small issue, but can be solved with USB-OTG adapter and USB-HUB.

Regarding your other problems, i can wake up Minix from HDMI-CEC command. CoreELEC suspend and shutdown command, make the device to enter in stand by state (green LED). I have sony TV and when I select the HDMI source on TV, (labeled as H96Pro+) i can wake up the device (with green LED) . If the device is power off completely (without LED brightening ) you can only wake up with ā€œsmallā€ minix remote.